Agnostic.com

18 1

If results were guaranteed, would you want to be cryogenically frozen?

MyLiege 7 Dec 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

18 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Nope.

NO! Why would I want to be trapped in this nightmare? Why not just say "goodbye," and let it all go.

No, no, and no. When my body quits, I want to be GONE. I doubt very much that my mind, psyche, personality - whatever you want to call it - will survive my body. When I am gone, I want to be done with.

SKH78 Level 8 Dec 26, 2017

Nope...my kids knows that if I cannot make my own decision they are to put a pillow on my face...

Resounding yes. This era is garbage. Maybe the future will be better.

No. To have oneself frozen on the brink of death... what is th epoint? If you weren't on the brinko fdeath, then why would you want o to do it? Perhaps if one had a fatal disease for which there was no cure at present and leave orders to be thawed when a cure wa found, then I could see that, but under any other circumstances, there really would be little or no point.

No thanks-when your time is up its up.

I consider this to be my one chance at life. Trying to make it the best I can. Happy with that, so no.

Would my insurance cover it? In a world of umpteen billion people, who needs me? And what kind of body could I afford if all my assets had been frittered away by my descendants?

Let's face it - you'd need friends. Moron friends.

I do not think so. My life's uncertainty is the greatest gift I have. Also, why does anyone want more people in this world than it has already? At 7.6 billion it is already destroying earth more than ever.

No. At the age of 80, mot a chance.

If it failed, I would be dead. What good is a guarantee to me if I'm dead?

No, I would not want to be alive and everyone that i loved and knew were gone. The quality of life would not be good. Modern medicine can extend your life, but the quality is not going to be as good. I would not want to just be alive and exist and be a burden to anyone. If I am alive and cannot perform simple things like feeding myself, taking a shower and other daily activities would not be considered living for me.

I'd do it. I'm so curious about the future that I'll never see.

Me, too.

What exactly is the guaranteed result? That I would thaw out properly?

That it would work-that nothing on or in your person would change after thawing. There would be no improvement or decline in your health physically or mentally.

If that's the guarantee, then forget it.

If I was suffering from an incurable disease. Yes. Otherwise, no. I’d rather not have to become culturally proficient at sixty in 100 years from now.

No... I've had enough... I did my time... fulfilled my purpose.... I was rough working years to get here where im at. If i could live a life of a fantascy world of Harry potter then I would love to stay.

@MsOliver awww... I'm sorry...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:10721
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.