Agnostic.com

20 6

Ex priest..... ex nun.

How would you feel about dating one?

BucketlistBob 8 June 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

20 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Would totally depend on what they did before “Jesus-ing” and how they are currently. If they are still into churchgoing, it’s a no. If they are now atheist, it’s interesting.

Livia Level 6 July 9, 2018

It would depend on the individual and his reasons for entering religion as a professional. Some come away broken. It's probably one of the most difficult things to confront for oneself. I might accept a friendship, but a romance might be another matter, if the priest has no experience with women etc.

Thats cool...

Ex. (as in no longer a theist) no problem.

I'd never date a nun, because I'm trying to get me 'some,' and I may be far too old for the priest.

Define old...lol.

if they were female, i don't think id have a problem, depending of course on whether theyve awakened from their religion....

Why the opposition between a priest and a nun? Isn't the male equivalent of a nun a monk?

No problem. As a male I have very distinct preference for females, so I would go for the nun, though if she were a virgin I would have severe reservations.
Recently i became acquainted to a former Sino-TIbetan monk who is now a father of twins and works as a barman. By the looks of it he has made a rather complete recovery.

hmm just because they gave up the job, did they also leave the mindset behind?

I'd need to know more about them than just that.

vita Level 7 June 19, 2018

Yes!

I "dated" a priest...let's just say I should have worn socks...

I don't get it...

@BucketlistBob He had a foot fetish...I imagine a lot of "religious" men have one or another....

@thinktwice lol... a good foot massage...that ain't bad.....I think?

@BucketlistBob you are just so sweet...lol...stay that way...innocent and sweet...

@thinktwice ?

@thinktwice - good grief! I hope you left your shoes on. LOL Yep, that can happen when one has no sexual outlets, except for perversions.

Before I met my late partner I was on a dating club (as opposed to computer site). One woman I met had just come from a cloister and decided the life was not for her. She was interesting but still highly religious.
A number of years ago FFRF needed to expand their headquarters and was asking for some $2 million (they got more). One top contributer (and who a room was named for) was a former priest who left. He married a woman and they both were teachers. He contributed $250,000. He said they were frugal and didn't have kids (people always underestimate how much it cost to have kids). [ffrf.org]

Nope nuns were married to Jesus..too much baggage!

Ha ha ha ha....lol. wow... forgot about that!

For me personally, an ex-nun might be interesting.... an ex-priest? Nope.
😉

You bet cha!...lol.

When I read the title of this post I thought to myself "this can't be good."

Lol...yeah... im one of those people...lol.

Friday's are happy days when the only meat you eat is nun!?

Are they also ex religion? If so no problem!

Only if they were indeed ex and were now at least agnostic atheist.

Same as anyone else..,but I come from a religious background and I moved far out from it! They could have done the same, probably more easily than I...

ok if she is ok I guess.

They must have seen the light

Marine Level 8 June 19, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:110540
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.