Agnostic.com

27 5

How many of you have contacted a senator or representative regarding any of the issues we have discussed over and over?

Marine 8 June 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

27 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Do you really believe that they give a shit about you or what you think. The system is so corrupt and dishonest that any one with any sense of integrity is filling his pockets and leaving town to clean up their mess.They report to Corporate America, Koch Brothers and the Military Industrial Complex were they are heavily invested in WMD's.

In my experince, contacting a politician accomplishes as just as much good as trying to piss up a well rope unless you send perferably in large unmarked bills.

All I got back were standard auto-emails.

I do it extremely frequently. Several staffers know me by name. They also know better than to send me the standard form letters.
I've happily made myself a complete pain in the ass.

If your goal is actvism on this site, I suggest you create specific activist groups in order to attract like-minded individuals on your issues, whatever they may be. I do most of my activism through the FFRF, who regularly put out a call to arms via their email distribution and solicit calls/emails to your elected representatives and even provide a template for initiating that communication, including content (which you can edit). It's pretty slick.

I am lucky enough to live in blue Connecticut with excellent MoC's...Murphy, Blementhal, etc.
I make a point of phoning and thanking them for standing up & speaking out, IMO they need the reinforcement!

I'm a letter writing machine Used to do a lot of telephone too, and I'm not bashful on a face to face when the opportunity arises. Since my last bout with the surgeons, I've curtailed my activity a little, but still manage a letter (real paper letters) fairly consistently, but I haven't been able to get around enough to do the nose on nose discussions.

Frequently. Got automated responses but then again my legislative representatives from local all the way to US senators are decent.

I have two senators and a rep. daily, on Facebook, the first post I see I say "single payer". That's all. They never reply but some others do both positive and negative.

I've contacted Toomy and Barletta multiple times. It didn't do any good, but I tried.

CS60 Level 7 June 19, 2018

No, I'm not delusional.

[resist.bot]

The above app makes it much easier to contact your elected officials. Its free.

Every week my senators get an email from me about whatever issue has made it to the top of the dumpster fire that week.

GwenC Level 7 June 19, 2018

I live in Texas and my senator is Ted Cruz who I have contacted several time and I always receive a form letter quoting some biblical passage.

Sadly, you're negotiating with the enemy. =[

[resist.bot]

Overload his kill circuits. lol

Not as much now but seemed like every day not long ago. It just goes in one ear and out the other or delete.

Same as trumpie you got to say it over and over and over until they realized it is important.

I all them every few days. I live in Maine and feel it is my duty to speak up, whether it does any good or not. I figure that if people don't speak up, and vote, we have no reason to botch, and in this current regime, it is imperative to speak up.

They've literally said they aren't listening and don't care.

Sorry, that never happens here.....name names/state, please?

I sure have, numerous times...telling them to stand up for my 2A rights or else I'm not voting for them again. I contacted them over other issues as well.

An exercise in frustration. Dems will maintain their liberal agenda despite protests of constituents on any relevant issue, Repubs will maintain their conservative agenda in the same way. It strikes me as naive to expect anything else. Politicians are what they are.

As you go through life remember one thing; all politicians are crooks but not all crooks are politicians

I spent years --decades-- doing just that (+marches, protests, petitions, etc) for Pagan/Atheist rights, LGBT rights/inclusion, and Animal Rights. I'm retired from activism now (which means "burnt out" and just can't devote that much energy and stress to the issues anymore) with the exception that I still do vegan outreach and education....as time permits.

i am afraid that we are talking a lot and doing little. I just spoke to our federal senator and I asked him how many complaints does he receive regarding SOC SEC ,EPA,banking or the immigration process.We have over 3,000,000 citizens most of which are democrats.He stated he has received about 30000 complaints or requests for a law.That's i out of a 100 and those most likely are repeat individuals.We need to do better if we are going to get results

Marine Level 8 June 19, 2018

The system is at fault if one single person represents three million people.

[resist.bot]

Agreed.

@Ellatynemouth Senators do more than that

Twice in the past week alone! i think its one of the most important duties of a citizen of any society

Contacted NH Senators at dc number.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:110840
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.