Agnostic.com

28 1

Which Parent Are, or Were You Closest To?

Most of us tend to gravitate towards our Mom or our Dad. Please Tell me which are you closest to and why.

If you are a product of a same sex parent home please tell me which parent you are closest to and why.

Speak Up Moma's Boys & Daddy's little Girls!

• 28 votes
  • 12 votes
  • 0 votes
twshield 8 Dec 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

28 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I love them both but my dad and I have the same twisted and often perverted sense of humor and just more things in common. We share similar views on God and religion as well, much to my mom's dismay.

It is a real toss-up. Dad was always working to support his burgeoning Catholic family. But when he was home he was caring and involved in our lives.

Mom was the world's worst housekeeper. She always got up early but no one could figure out what she did . She was also a pushover for us kids - especially one sister who always took advantage of her. She was a great cook, though and, like our dad calm, funny and there in her own way. She was the person in charge since dad did not want her to work she was always home.

The great thing about my family is that we were a totally free range family. We could pretty much do (and did) as we pleased and the only brother who got in trouble is now a lawyer!

My own goal in life is to be half the woman mom was.

I guess you will have to buy a chainsaw

@LeighShelton HAHAHA...yes will you help me ????

which kind of half do you want? an end or a side lol?

one could be easier but a lot more personal

Closer to my Mom. I can talk with her about almost anything. My father is an alcoholic asshole. I have essentially had no contact with him since '93.

I'm not close to either of my parents.

Mom, She was patient and funny. I got my sense of humor from her, that's why you all love me. 😛

I was closest to my mother. I couldn't say exactly why, apart from the fact that my dad worked very long hours so I spent more time with her.

As I grew up I also grew away from her, we have little in common now as she is somewhat religious and I... Well I'm a member of this site! Even still I see both of my parents at least once per week but we are not close like we were.

I really had no choice because my father passed away when I was 7. Love my mom, but wish I could have known my dad better.

(This is about the parents who raised me, I do not know my bio dad and am not very close with my bio mom) My mother and I DO NOT always get along and sometimes we want to strangle each other, but I am closer to my mother due to past actions my father has done. He is still in my life and he still lives with us, but... I do not trust him like I used to. I trust him as a father, but not as a human being. I know he would give the clothes off his back and lay down his life for me if he had to, but he has done some things that just make me not trust him. I used to be a daddy's girl as a kid growing up because he spoiled me. But now, if it ever came to it, I'd take my mother's side over most things despite our major differences. If not for that woman, I do not believe I would be alive today!

I'm closest to my mom. Of course that's because she raised me (with the help of my grandparents - her parents). We're still close, though I have never been good at chatting on the phone, so phone conversations can get weird.

There is no option for a 'neither' vote. Or if one was raised by grandparents, or someone else.

I was closest to my mother, growing up. We were "besties". I did eventually realize that I was a parent in this relationship. I talk to father once every three months or so, and nothing personal. I check in with mother once every few weeks...again, nothing personal. The distance helps me stay sane. Neither earned to be in my trusted circle. I am grateful that they didn't throw me out to the streets, I suppose. I would have much preferred never being born to them at all though.

I'm very close to both of my parents. But I suppose if I had to choose one I talk to her more often then Dad.

Jeffw Level 2 Jan 10, 2018

None of the four. But as my Mom is the only one left, we are getting closer.

My mom raised me till I was 14. It wasn't the best childhood so I moved in with my dad when the opportunity came. I'm closest to my dad because I haven't really kept a close relationship with my mom over the last 25 years. He's a simple man with a big heart. I'm almost 40 and still call him daddy.

when I was young I though my mom was on my side. I was afraid of my dad and angry with him for being so distant. As I grew into a position of responsibility I started to understand my dad more and think I am a lot like him. After he retired he became much softer and I would say he is my favorite parent now.My mom did a lot of things I understand as splitting in retrospect. Real closeness or intimacy is not natural in my family. A lot of heavy Germanic influence

I guess I'm closer to my Mom, appreciated my Dad more when I got older. Dad is deceased now, Mom is still living. Mom is extremely religious, so I dial it back when I'm talking to her and do a lot of nodding in agreement even though I don't agree. It's not worth the battle, to disagree most of the time. Besides, she's 83 now and I won't have her much longer.

im parentles... so none

I would have answered my mom but she died in 1999. Since that time my dad and I have become very close.

My mom was sweet, kind, and gentle, and she passed away from cancer when she was 45 and I was 14.

I feel lucky in knowing I was close to my parents equally. Each had qualities of which I loved and to which I would turn given topics at hand. To me, that speaks volumes of their co-parenting. Even though I had the pleasure of having them in my life until my 30's, there's not a day that goes by that they aren't in my thoughts in some fashion.

I am close to both, but in different ways. My mom has long been my confidante. We chat by phone multiple times per week and daily by email.

My dad is a bit less warm and fuzzy, yet connects intellectually, career-wise, and over religious and philosophical matters. All three of us share a wicked sense of humor which keeps us all close (laughter being FUN!).

Zster Level 8 Dec 28, 2017

I spent much more time with my dad. We lived and respected each other, but I don't think we either ever really understood each other

My parents divorced when I was three and I spent three years in foster care. By the time we all got back together, my father was an alcoholic and a dead beat dad. My mother was the only parent I really knew.

I’d like to think so.

My father as my mother betrayed me. My father never did.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:11146
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.