Agnostic.com

72 3

What do you think about sharks?

I know they are perceived as evil by many, but what do you think of sharks?

EmeraldJewel 7 June 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

72 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Only humans can be evil, sharks kill about 10 humans a year, humans kill about 100 million sharks every year. They still scare the daylight out of me though.

Why can only humans be evil if animals are also self aware? I've seen a cat kill a frog for the fun of it. He didn't eat it, he was definitely playing.

@adz A cat doesn't understand right and wrong, evil is onlt a concept, you consider that bad, the cat doesn't. It is only following it's nature. He doesn't understand life and death.

@Rugglesby How do you know? It's obvious that dogs feel shame. They show it.

@adz My point is evil is a personal judgement, what one person may call evil, another may not.

Being a lawyer myself, I have no problem with my fellow sharks. 😛

Seriously, sharks are no more evil than any other carnivorous animal. Humans have exaggerated the danger of sharks, and are too merciless toward them. Let's leave them in peace.

Say it was so cold the other day....drumroll... I saw a lawyer walking around with his hands in his own pocket. Boom.

@Bigwavedave LOL

@BestWithoutGods I used to know dozens of lawyer jokes. I forgot most of them . Thanks for indulging me.

@Bigwavedave Why don't sharks eat lawyers? Professional courtesy.

Amazing creatures. Oldest known shark skeleton is 420 million years old. Probably be around long after we're gone.

xyz123 Level 7 June 22, 2018

@5082gregory But the 6,000 year people got it wrong. They are counting the old Testament cycles as years. Without seasons (middle East), the ancient people told time by the moon cycles. Hence 975 cycles is really 75 years old (divide by 13 -- its actually 12. something). 75 is still really old for that time.

@5082gregory They have found fossilized remains of our antecedents reaching as far as 200,00 years. 100 or 200 thousand years is of little value until we can prove or discount one or the other or both. But the religious analysis is so flawed as to be laughable. Not true science -- they knew the answer they wanted and they moved around facts and figures to substantiate it. Not sure why -- don't really care.

Sharks are scary.... if fresh water game fish were bigger they would be worst then sharks. Were very lucky that sharks like salt water better than fresh.

@MermaidSuzy888. Oh my.... thats terrible. I guess i can see i was wrong about the fresh water.
Thanks for the education...

To date, no shark has ever broken into my home and stolen stuff, mugged me, nicked my bike, tried to run me over, made a racist/homophobic/misogynist comment, been deliberately cruel, committed a rape, started a war or conducted genocide.

I like them a lot more than I like humans.

Jnei Level 8 June 22, 2018

Me too! ?

So true!

Wow, that is my experience as well.

They could help clean up some of our problems by being fed politicians.

Hahaha!

Hahaha!

They are better swimmer than I would ever be ..... Also, if we ever cross paths then I hope they'll have had lunch already

unfortunately I believe the eating is more opportunistic than hunger based like me

@whiskywoman anyhow, safest strategy is to stay out the water... ???

Sharks are misunderstood thanks to a movie that came out in 1975. Now what was the name of that movie? Lol.

Paws

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest?
??

Sharks; a six letter word for teeth?

Oh yes!

I don't see them as good or evil. I see them for what they are. And that is a marine predator who has evolved into one of Earth's perfect killing machines. They fill the same ecological niche that wolves do on land to help control the population of prey animals.

Parallel with humankind then!

@Geoffrey51 almost I guess except the sharks don't have the ability to kill all life on the planet 7 times over. LOL

They taste good!

actually yes. and no bones

@Rugglesby
I remember the first time I had it. I was sold on the first bite.

Prefer Jets

They are big fish. I swim/dive with them all the time. Unless I'm doing something to make myself look/smell like their regular pray I'm not worried at all about being bitten.

wow I would be ascared

Plenty of Noahs Arks in the water about a kilo from where I live, so I don't swim there much, though lots of people do. Statistically the chances of being taken aren't high, but I don't care for them, and it's their home, so I keep out of it. BTW the sharks off the coast my my state aren't nice cuddly types and do kill people from time to time.

Wonder how they'd do in a swamp.

Check out a bull shark. They have been known to go into fresh water estuaries and no doubt, a swamp close to the ocean would have one in it once in awhile.

Sharks snakes and spiders scare the crap out of me. I don't view them as evil, they are giant predators in the sea world. I am of the land world. They own the sea world. Lol

with or without tartar sauce?

DerekD Level 7 June 22, 2018

red sauce im sure they are tasty and id rather see the whole animal eaten instead of the practice of just cutting the fins and letting them drowned I have a yummy tartar sauce recipe lol

I read somewhere that you’re more likely to be killed by a cow than a shark...

Sharks may be dangerous, but how can they be evil?

They have lots of teeth.

I'm curious as to why you're asking. So do you like or hate sharks? Have you been bitten? I was obsessed with them after Jaws. My dad bought me the coolest book about them and I read
that thing more times than I can count. They really are quite beautiful creatures. And nothing beats a fat shark steak on the grill with lemon pepper...yummmm

I try not to play poker with them.

i think theyare

JimmyM Level 7 June 22, 2018

I think lawyers give them a bad name.

I thought my half sister was because I had a different Mom, turns out it was because of a shark ?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:112897
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.