Agnostic.com

34 4

What is your opinion about to get married?

I'm single now but I'm dreaming, one day I will have a family but in the same time, that thought scares me. What is your experience? Do you think it's good idea?

Sensiwoman7 6 June 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

34 comments (26 - 34)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I know marriage scares me the thought about wedding going on is so lovely , having someone that loves you is also lovely , but then in real life scenarios , Marriage is more than the wedding and love it self it takes Alot

caraE Level 3 June 23, 2018

For me marriage is a contract to address the issues of end of life decisions, estate planning, inheritance, taxes, credit score, income, & child bearing. The last item I for one was never interested in. Love ends up on the shit pile so I would never marry for love.

If your mate lies to you run away it will just get worse!

My oldest son have been with his partner for over 20yrs without marriage. I did ask him once if they every planned to get married and he replied "Why mess up a good thing".

I, however have been married three times. It will have to be an extra special person to convince me to do that again.

Never have, never will.

Marriage means very little but on the other hand if you want to have kids and the other party thinks marriage is too big a commitment, run, unless you are happy to raise them by yourself. You can get a divorce you can't un have kids.

Kimba Level 7 June 22, 2018

I suggest you live together for a minimum of 2 years. Just my recommendation to anyone.

I knew a couple they lived together for several years. The got married because of an argument. Divorced in a few months! The thing you need is honesty. I was too stubborn and stayed married for 29 years. I tried everything to get her to grow up. She lied from the beginning if I knew she was lieing would have never married her. As long is a liar it will never work! The only reason for divorce is marriage

@benhmiller Sorry for your misfortune

at my age I think I pass

btroje Level 9 June 22, 2018

The only reason for marriage is if it works out better financially. Or for medical decisions on each other. For us who are older marriage can be detrimental to your finances.

Detrimental to most everything, as far as I am concerned. IMHO.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:113136
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.