Agnostic.com

26 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

26 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

When a robot says no, you really should re-evaluate your life.

Thank goodness I bought an earlier model.

OK, this me too thing has gone to far. ?

I don't need to pay $4,700 to be rejected; there are plenty of flesh-and-blood women who provide that service to me for free.

@Storybook I was, uh, looking into it for a friend… (Oh, and I read the article where they give the price.) ?

This is very weird. My only question is does she have to get cleaned out after someone has sex with her---does she ever wash up. It seems a little grody to me

For sure, these robots aren't sophisticated enough to do their own maintenence.

@mek7730 not quite as good a model as a Stepford Wife

@AmelieMatisse that's the thing though... this seems to be where people are willing to invest their money to advance these robots in the very near future. Talk about sex being able to sell, huh?

@mek7730 next thing you know the robot will be able to text you too

@AmelieMatisse lol I know right? I wonder what it would even say

@mek7730 oh something sexy I'm sure. But on the other hand a guy that is willing to have sex with a bit sounds just a little strange to me but I guess I'm old fashioned

Sorry but this whole concept crosses the line of creepiness by a mile and I haven't had sex in years.

Really? Up to 10K for a slightly floppy mannequin? My hand costs me nothing and never says no.

My hand never says no but my dick never wants to cooperate any more.

"...there are no repercussions for partners who ignore her protests.

In fact, realistic sex robots or sex dolls could actually increase problems already rampant in modern dating culture. While some believe that sex with a synthetic surrogate could reduce the number of victims of toxic masculinity, there is a very real possibility that they could further blur the lines between sexual objects that look like women, and women being used as sexual objects..."

A good article.

Jnei Level 8 June 22, 2018

It definitely makes you think about some of those ethical questions that we'll eventually come across as our technology becomes smarter.

Now, to make the robot able to zap abusers with a taser gun. Or kick them in the crotch.

It's disturbing in a number of ways. But let me play devil's advocate for a moment:

It is my understanding many women use vibrators. It is also my understanding that some of these women may also fantasize about some handsome Hollywood hunk at the same time. It seems reasonable to conjecture that the fantasy may seem more powerful if it had more realism to it. One almost never hears an outcry about the shamefulness of women who purchase male sex dolls (yes, these actually exist).

Sex, a powerful human desire, is very often not available on demand, and sexual services are often held to be disreputable, and outlawed in many societies. To insist that people MUST avail themselves of human sex partners (and do so through our ritualized dating procedures), or do without, consigns a great many people to a not inconsiderable amount of unhappiness. One does not have to look very far in these very forums to find a great number of people expressing this self-same unhappiness.

That said, the objections raised against these robots legitimizing the objectification of women are topics that should not be ignored. I will note, somewhat dryly, that there seems to be a built-in sexism to these trains of thought: men are expected to be the sexual pursuers, yet not so aggressively. Run boys, but not so fast and hard, yes?

I suspect that many of the men who would purchase such a doll are not the rapists and degraders that raise such alarm, but rather just the opposite-men that are so terrified of and rejected by women, that they have to make do with a poor substitute. There is little to no compassion in our society for these men, they are often the subject of ridicule, and probably feel intense shame.

As a man, I do not particularly enjoy being reviled for my natural desires. I did not CHOOSE to have them. And if I pleasure myself with whatever device, I do not do so out of a revulsion of, nor hatred for, women.

Deveno Level 7 June 24, 2018

For one, I don't find people using sex dolls creepy. People are isolating themselves more in real life, work is becoming more demanding, and I think this is a good tool for lonely people who work a lot and have no energy to go out and find a date.

Why is this funny?

Notice these robots are female. Never male. (Though I expect someone will trawl the Internet looking for one to try and invalidate my argument.)

I know that women are less respected in society. I realise too that women are objectified.

But I don't see what's funny about this article. That photo is appalling. It reveals how some men see women - as objects. It's dehumanising to the extreme.

These men hate women so much they would rather have sex with a piece of latex.

[newstatesman.com]

A dubious step up from cadavers.

Lol definitely... But this is the new riding future trend and at least it will cut down a lot of violence toward sex workers

@iamjc people are always willing to get into debt for things they don't need and some technologies get cheaper as it gets easier to replicate them.

Great, now i have to worry about getting rejected from AI too?

You gonna have to define the meaning of "famous".

hahaha another way guys can get rejected

Wow, some of the fucking comments.

JimG Level 8 June 22, 2018

Might be good practice for actual "men" who think rape is okay.

An interesting comment piece - [theguardian.com]

Jnei Level 8 June 27, 2018

Why would anyone want a sex robot?
I don’t understand why this is a thing.

I thought the answer was obvious, until now at least.

After a few dates, I have never been rejected from sex. How low can you go by being rejected sex from a robot. Can't you trade her in for the whore model 10-4. Or give blow jobs to old men in a back alley.

Excuse me, wail I huraulll , Errrruuupp!!! X&#!!!.

I do hope there is a money back guarantee.

1qq1q

Coldo Level 8 June 23, 2018

1qq1q

1qq1q

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:113350
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.