Agnostic.com

18 2

How is this actually a dating site?

Do you still have to ask awkward questions?

CaptnChainsaw 4 June 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

18 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Agnostic dot com Is great...I can read some pretty interesting topics while possibly meeting some decent men.
There seem to be plenty of guys here within my area. Other sites, I keep getting hit on by Christian conservative men even though I state in my profile I'm liberal and not religious. Here they are more the type and quality I'm looking for.

How is it not ?

Despite receiving many messages, the men live too far away. So far, I am the only member in my area. To the "love knows no distance" guys, I reply:

"What's your plan? You will fly to Wenatchee, WA each weekend so we can get to know each other? I didn't think so."

Meanwhile, I enjoy reading, laughing and commenting on funny, wise and thoughtful posts. Agnostic.com is growing.

A man with the means and flexibility could spend a few weeks living nearby and exploring possibilities. That's what I did with my now-wife ... drove from AZ to IN and took up in an Extended Stay America, with her agreement. As a telecommute, it was zero problem actually. Love can be creative sometimes. Be patient and open.

I have met some nice, compatible-sounding men for chatting on this site, although nobody nearby enough to date. If an actual connection happens, that'll be great. If it doesn't, I'm still having a nice time.

Deb57 Level 8 June 23, 2018

You can search otu others on this site who live near, as a way to connect.. I think however that they are still tryign ot get the number of members up. Until there re enough members on the site working on and improving the dating aspects of the site (they are still building and improving the site), just woudl be a lot of work, with little benefit to users if there are not all that many local persons to choose from.

Yes it is. Through the singles group there are at least two couples actually dating as we speak. They first met through Private Messenging here and later met in the Singles Chatroom where they got to know each other.. One couple live down the street from each other and the other couple live a couple of hours from each other. It does work here folks.

I think it is just so cool that actual neighbors found each other through this site. Mindblowing.

That's great...for those two couples. Like snytiger6 said/implied, it is certainly in a growing mode, and sheer numbers need to keep growing...a lot, for it to benefit many as a dating site. As for me, try finding another compattible gay atheist/agnostic of your same sex, somewhere in the ballpark of your age range, within commuter distance in BFE Bible-belt Louisiana. I DID! Hooray! But it took 8 months and happened through Zoosk.com, not this site.

Don't get me wrong, this is my favorite social site for sure, but not for its dating help.

There is a group here specifically for flirting practice, hosted by @misskathleen

UUNJ Level 8 June 23, 2018

It's as much of a dating site as you want to make it. I'm currently treating it as a philosophy and thought-sharing site.

I came here because I thought this was the best idea I had heard from a dating site. You get to know people by their thoughts and beliefs. See how they treat others online and just get to talk to people. I have trouble fillling out dating site questionaires, but this way people get to know me, not a few lines I write on a profile.

Ding ding ding! This is one of the winning relies! Well..... it’s exactly what I think also. 😉

Hi, Captn, and welcome to the website,

I don't know what you mean, but this website has a bit of a learning curve so here is some information that might be helpful.

New members are encouraged to earn website points, and help other members get to know them better, by writing an informational profile that includes their hobbies and interests, and answering all the profile questions, since that's the first place many people look when they see a new member.

You seem to have already done much of this.

Also, the website uses profiles to find member matches, so the more details one includes, the better the match.

Then people make comments and write their own posts to earn more points and privileges; for instance, at level two someone can private email people. There are different perks with each level, and when you reach level eight you get an agnostic T-shirt.

If you don't know yet, to find members near you, click on the "Meet" button at the top of the page, then on "Members," and enter your preferred search parameters.
Or click on the "About" button at the top of the page to find links to FAQ or the website tutorial.
Click on the 'Meet" button to find member matches

Levels are mostly a way to help identify and reward those who contribute to the growth of the community. The website also gives more access and benefits depending on level.[agnostic.com]

Perks for each level: [agnostic.com]

Links to FAQ: [agnostic.com],
and a website tutorial: [agnostic.com]

It would seem to be a good way to introduce yourself by sharing your thoughts publicly and if others like what they see then they can approach or not.

Yup! LOL Dating, no matter where, is sometimes awkward.

You still have to ask awkward questions. Nobody else does, just you. Sell me your soul and I'll lift the curse.

Devil Level 3 June 23, 2018

hahaha

When I first joined this site it was more for getting away from the fire and brimstone crowd. I'm in a fairly Southern Baptist heavy area and they take it fairly seriously. I wasn't aware this site was thought of as a dating sit at all, just a social site. That doesn't discount dating possibilities should people hit it off well. And dating wouldn't be dating without the awkward questions phase. You can't get to know people very well without them.

AmyLF Level 7 June 23, 2018

You can do whatever you want. Personally, I think this site is fantastic. Pressure's OFF. It's a dating site and so much more. There're so many angles to get to know somebody through discussion. Most of us are geographically distant but doesn't matter. Eventually, for some, coupling happens. For most of us, we're building an online community. It's just a great bunch of people here. I find that something's changing in my physical world, making me feel more open to dating, getting conversation going out in my physical community. I think some of that has to do with immersion here. I hope you'll find what you need here, too. 🙂

Yes, all questions are awkward till you get to know someone. Imagine asking a stranger, " Do you want to fuck ? " Dating is dating, no matter which way you look at it ?

WHAT ?s are awkward?? DOGGY or FACE to FACE? DO YOU WANNA HAVE C UP OF COFFEE WITH ME? Ask me anything? R

I think you just did.
There are some matching questions, but distance seems to be the biggest issue.
I guess the most awkward question is asking somebody out.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:113628
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.