Agnostic.com

31 4

Does the lack of beleif in an afterlife bring you fear or comfort?

I find some peace in knowing that it will all be over at some point but it does feel a bit disappointing knowing that I shall eventually totally cease to exist.

• 2 votes
  • 25 votes
  • 28 votes
RoboGraham 8 Dec 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

31 comments (26 - 31)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am 99.99% sure that there isn't an afterlife. That being the case for me, it frees me up to live the best life I can. Enjoy every day and do good things and avoid evil. It also allows me to truly experience life here knowing I probably will never come this way again. I am not waiting for the possibility of a better place I am enjoying the one I have.

No afterlife means I ain't goin to Hell. That was one of my greatest fears (no, more like a certainty) when I was growing up.

I should clarify my fear is not of there being no afterlife-my fear is of facing death again. I've done it three times in last eight years-car accident, leukemia and heart failure. The pain and loss of control of your body functions is what scares me. Been there done that.

Neither. I don't even think about it. Except when answering questions like this.

In the end, all we are is a collection of energy in various forms. We dissipate, and regroup as something else. Best not be too judgemental.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:11470
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.