Agnostic.com

33 9

The most disgusting food!

What's the most disgusting food you ever ate or at least tasted? Back in my teens, I was invited to dinner at a Chinese friend's house, and his sweet and beautiful mom served us a lychee nut concoction. Looking at the nuts swimming in a yellowish broth made me think of extracted human eyeballs---and when I tasted the lychees, the texture was, indeed, just like what I imagined an eyeball might feel like if I bit into it! With that first nibble, I was sure I was going to vomit, but I somehow managed to keep it at bay for the duration.

RobLawrence 7 June 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

33 comments (26 - 33)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

cauliflower

Love it

@RobLawrence more than the same family, they are the same plant. (sort of)

Liver ugh!

Guess I’m strange. I like live although I don’t eat it much any more.

Octopus and squid. Like shewing on a piece of gristle.

I've had squid. More like plain old rubber.

That sounds horrible! Personally, I can't stand to put any food in my mouth that feels like it has already been chewed. I also avoid slimy foods.

Yes! I get it. Ha ha!

Cauliflower cheese is horrible. It always smells like cat sick.

@RobLawrence

I've never smelled disturbed skunk. I'm guessing it's not the prettiest of smells.

Shio kara - basically salted squid guts. A bit of an acquired taste.

Ewww! I need to quickly eat a bowl of ice cream and some fudge to wipe that out of my mind

that and natto...are you sure you are not part Japanese? lol

@thinktwice Used to travel to Japan quite a bit earlier in my career...so got quite the exposure to Japanese food as I like to explore the food of a country when I visit.

(Like uni above, do like natto as well.)

Tomato aspic.

Dwight Level 7 June 24, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:114831
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.