Agnostic.com

6 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I wonder if Christianity will survive this new era. They've pretty much pimped themselves out, and I don't see a way back for them.

Pimps are a special kind of parasite.

As pimps go, Dennis Hoff isn't too bad. At least he's not some street pimp who beats the women that work for him and pockets every single dime of the money they earn.

He's still kind of a douche though.

@NerdyOkieDude

I think about it from a philosophical angle. Just as one can't buy love, one can't buy sex either. If a 'sex' worker is feigning pleasure whilst secretly hating every minute of it, then that is not 'sex'. There is no mutual enjoyment. Just as rape is not sex.

Prostitution transactions are ultimately a financial transaction, but the client must convince themselves that it is sex, otherwise they are forced to confront their own lack of humanity.

Sex workers are human beings who rent out their body to clients for glorified masturbation.

Some men like the financial exchange part because it makes them feel powerful. It's this dehumanising aspect they enjoy.

@NerdyOkieDude

I never conflated rape with sex work.

However.... Should a prostitute be trafficked, then she is being raped. I read one story about a woman who was rescued from a high class brothel. She was trafficked. She viewed every act of 'sex' a rape.

This leads to dodgy territory because many men who use prostitutes don't care if the woman is trafficked or not.

If they spout what people want to hear, true or false, people will vote for them. It’s happened before.

If he repented and was forgiven he’s good to go.

I love Dennis Hof's HBO Show, "Cat House", but I don't care for his politics.

I don't even know where to begin with this one.

Ya think Trump started something? Or was he just a symptom of a deep underlying hypocrisy?

@NerdyOkieDude he's not a symptom. He's the result. A pus-filled seeping inflamed gaping hole on your leg isn't a symptom. It's the result of neglect.

@weelittleone
Puss-filled, seeping, inflamed, gaping hole certainly describes the Donald! Well-put!

I find I do not have enough bad adjectives in my vocabulary to even describe the current situation/administration.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:116316
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.