Agnostic.com

43 5

What is your view on the Right to Die issue?

Cbabcoco 6 June 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

43 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My life, My Death.

Coldo Level 8 June 28, 2018

Just that. It is an individuals right to choose to exit this life as & when they choose! Period. Full stop!

You own your own life. Period.

This.

It's our life and our death. It's a human right.

There should be this option, and it should be safe and legal.

100% support it.

Let me turn it round. If a decision does not affect you directly what right have you, or any of us, to make choices for another human being? I apply this rule to all repressive legislation. ?

It's your life! So why not? I understand there could be mitigating circumstances i.e. mental issues. But in the case of incurable disease (including mental) an Advance Directive should overrule any challenges.

My dad wanted it so badly but couldn’t because he had Alzheimer’s and didn’t pass the psychological criteria. This was his lifelong belief but was denied it.

That's bad. It's a catch 22 situation.

The same thing happened with my dad.

@PalacinkyPDX My dad was in Portland when that happened. Noticed the PDX I’m your username b

If you make the decision with all your mental faculties intact then so be it

ipdg77 Level 8 June 28, 2018

As long as we're separating correctable vs terminal diagnoses, I'm all for allowing terminal patients the right to choose when and how they end their life.

Every one should decide on their own

I am in full support of it. If I am ever in that position, I will do it, legal or not.

Absolutely. It should be my decision and not the decision of some politician that I be kept alive by any means necessary. We treat our animals better.

If it’s ok to put my pets down so that they don’t have to suffer, why can’t I have myself put down for the same reason?

Hermit Level 7 June 28, 2018

No one should be forced to suffer because of someone else’s fairytale

I fully agree with the stance.

That’s a great question. It depends on wether it is a retorical question, or if you are talking about the ability to let go of a loved one when their time comes to say goodbye and bow out of the stage.

When she decided to die, my mother accused me of being a hypocrite. She said that, for years she had heard me and my siblings talk about the right to die and all of a sudden we were denying her her right. She was so eloquent, I had no voice but to concede and give her my unconditional love and respect her decision.

It took one of my brothers several years to forgive me.

Lucila Level 4 June 30, 2018

I think you’re brave.

I would rather have a right to die than be left to die

btroje Level 9 June 29, 2018

I believe it is my right to do with my body as i please.

If a person wants to die for any number of reasons, they have the right to either terminate their own lives or let a physician do it for them.

All for it.

All for it. If someone wants to go through with it, let them do it in a respectful way. Maybe require some type of counseling prior. Possibly comparable to what is done commonly for people with major elective surgery?

I feel like everybody has a right to end it anytime

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:117862
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.