Agnostic.com

5 2

Is in it Strange That We Go Online Looking for Honesty?

I consider myself a 20th Century Man. I have to adapt to this Century and By All Hector Mighty I Will. But what happened to us Human Beings that We Ended Up Rejecting That World Outside Our Windows? That We No Longer Feel Comfortable meeting someone in the street. Rejecting Happenstance for a virtual happenstance and meeting a stranger in the street is not cool but here it is. I Like it Here Very Much. And I Will Meet People that otherwise I will never get to meet for being in different timezones. Suddenly the opportunity to meet a Soul Mate, a Soul Match... A Partner from a different city is an Open Expanded Reality... and on my Honest Opinion... I think I got the answer. But My Concern will always be that there is no substitute to the personal contact, that first handshake, do you feel vibes between you. a chemical reaction perhaps. A warmth in the atmosphere not there before. Chemistry!!! Interaction!!! That eye contact and the reaction following... voice and body language... So Much Missing and yet important. Until then... All I ask from You Is The Same Thing I Will Give You All Honesty and Be Yourself. This Is Home for Me in 2018.

GipsyOfNewSpain 9 Dec 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

True. But in reality, how many people that you meet face to face for the first time become long term friends? Technology helps us to have a deeper impression of how the individual wants the world to see them - how they aspire to be. People seldom allow for their authentic self to emerge until trust is established. I know people who are married and actually have no real idea who their partner is. Friends betray us no matter how we met them. Social Media facilitates these encounters which we often get to meet face to face and become real friends in the real world who are compatible with our lives. People have far better connections than they had 20 or 30 or 50 years ago, when new acquaintances drifted out of our lives like the weather.

Oh my, what a spot on comment, Yes and very true, ON line chatting , as we are presently, is a way to chat with another voice other than the one we speak with when alone with self

I just go online and try to be honest. everyone lies.

Used to be family or friends would set you up, or you'd meet someone through work or church. I've moved so often I don't have lots of connections anywhere, nor family besides my kids in the area. I don't meet single men my age at work and I don't go to church. So online dating is the only way for me to meet single men. And the success has not been overwhelming. However, if you don't try the odds will be worse. Hope springs eternal.

Ditto. I'm having some good conversations with males and females on this site and feeling very comfortable here. I agree @GipsyofNewSpain that one on one is preferred - I think its easier under 40-to go out with friends to a club and meet people. Problem Is I met both my exes in bars-both alcoholics-been there done that. Hope to connect with someone here.

May 2018 be your year without bumping into exes.

The global village is truly a reality. Pleased to be in your company...

Likewise... 20th Century didn't prepared us for this. This is 21st Dealio!!!!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:11788
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.