Agnostic.com

7 2

Anyone been following what's going on in Iran? The protests have been going on four days now. Could be quite interesting if it doesn't fizzle out.

[bbc.com]

d_day 7 Dec 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

US Empire Is Running The Same Script With Iran That It Ran With Libya, Syria
"Trump is lying when he says Iran is “the Number One State of Sponsored Terror”. This is the same exact script they run over and over and over again, and people are falling for it again like Charlie Brown and the football. It is nonsensical to believe things asserted by the US intelligence and defense agencies on blind faith at this point, especially when they are clearly working to manufacture support for interventionism in a key strategic location. In a post-Iraq invasion world, nothing but the most intense skepticism of such behavior is acceptable."

Source:

Thanks, No I have not been following it and I have several Iranian former students whom I admire so I care.

It's being played on American news as an economic protest; subsidies were cut and so prices went up. That means the government gets to blame the US. Somehow I doubt that's the whole story.

My understanding is that it did start as an economic protest but has since evolved into a protest of the theocratic government. I really hope they can free themselves from that nightmare.

Thanks for bringing that to everyone's attention. I had not heard of that on US news.

Very interesting. Thanks for the post!

Your link to BBC News was very informative. I can't imagine the former Shah's son coming back to take power unless it would benefit tRUMP personally-enabling him to build hotels there.

Yes, interesting. No idea what's really going on, as the western media is a sad joke when it comes to Iran. Can only hope some good comes of it, instabity in Iran would not be a good thing. And hope it doesn't inspire Trump to do something stupid.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:11789
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.