Agnostic.com

22 6

Losing weight is challenging? True or false?

EmeraldJewel 7 June 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

22 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Not if your a cocaine addict....lol... yes its challenging.....

True and false depends on the person and their body type.

yaya87 Level 5 June 29, 2018

Anything that takes discipline and genuine effort is challenging.

Genetics play a huge role in this.

I mean, yeah. if you want or need to lose weight than it requires sacrifice and behavior change, neither of which is easy.

True. Yes, losing weight is simple. Simple doesn't mean it's easy. CICO (calories in vs. calories out) is pretty simple. But trying to burn more calories than you ingest is not as easy when you're facing habits, some of them lifelong, psychology, self-image, addictions, hormones, genotypes, cultural issues, peer pressure, etc, etc, etc. These make losing weight (or better said, the process of burning more calories than you take in) very challenging.

Michel Level 4 June 29, 2018

Yes it is! And I've come to learn what works for one person will not necessarily or even rarely work for someone else. It's kind of a conversation one has to have with their own body and it seldom goes well.

Losing some weight is fairly easy.
Maintaining the weight loss long term is extremely challenging.

true... since my surgery my body is not my own. Patience... trying to have patience here. 🙂

It. Always a challenge..
Fast 2 days a week, works for me.

What about the other three?

@bandit321 pretty much eat as I please.

True, and getting more so the older that I get. It came off a lot more easily when I was younger.

Zster Level 8 June 29, 2018

Yes, it's challenging. I'm in the process of losing weight right now. It's going to the a while, but it will be worth it.

I don't know. I have weighed 155 for decades. I got screwed on the hair thing, but l got a great metabolism.!

Depends on the individual. Me, I can't gain weight. But technically, losing weight is simple: just consume fewer calories than you use. You will lose weight. The tricky part, and why I make a point not to judge larger people, is how hard it can be to just consume less without awful side effects. As a borderline-hypoglycemic, skipping a meal can make me feel terrible. I can only imagine how a strict diet feels, but it can't be easy. ?

The main thing all of us do when trying to lose weight is we think if it doesn't happen within a short period of time that it isn't working! What we need to remember is the increase in weight didn't happen over night therefore the loss isn't going to happen over night. Maintain a healthy diet adjusted to your current physical and the weight will slowly slide off (I hope) or at least that's my current approach. P.S. we should open a group pertaining to this. I know I need all the help I can get!

Hell no, most people do it with just one or two steps taken, no pun intended. I do it very easily myself, also. I just get into homeostasis, then I can burn up to 12lbs of fat and fluid in one week, with a little bit of fat burning pills.

How true and I’ve been working out for 35 years but I was a smoker for ten years and gains 26 # and still can’t get them off

True, and getting more so the older that I get.

Zster Level 8 June 29, 2018

Yes. It can be a challenge. Objectively it may not always be as challenging as other tasks, (depending on the circumstances it can go up or down on the difficulty scale), but it can be a real mental and/or physical challenge for people.

Most goals that require a lifestyle change are challenging.
No one puts on tremendous weight on over night, which is why you can't really lose weight in s short amount of time.
I've worked in the fitness industry, even competed at an in-house fitness contest and have a lot of respect for those who struggle, try, fail, and keep trying.
"If you want it bad enough, you'll find away, if not, you'll find an excuse."
Consistency, effort over time with both diet and exercise, you'd be surprised how you can change your physique.
My friend always asks me, MANY times; "how do I lose weight?"
I gave up giving him fitness advice, and diet recommendations.
However, I gave him ONE task to see how badly he wanted to change, I gave him the easiest thing to do over the course of one week — Drink 2-4 litres of water a day.
His response was, "man, that's a lot of water." Immediately, he's making excuses to the one activity that requires the least physical effort.
Water alone or increased water won't make you lose weight on it's own. This was given to him to see how serious he was to commitment. I told him, eat whatever you want, do everything the exact same, except, change this one tiny thing. He couldn't do it.
If he couldn't do that, he couldn't do the easiest workout — consistently.
He couldn't make his (healthy) meals ahead of time.
If you can't do the small things, how can you do the other things.
Either way, Hope this long-read helped answer your question.

Anything that takes discipline and genuine effort is challenging.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:118137
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.