Agnostic.com

37 7

Would you have a wedding with religious aspects incorporated in it?

I suppose this question is mostly directed towards members who may have a religious partner. If it's really important to them that certain aspects of the wedding be religious in nature, would you be willing to compromise?

Mea 7 June 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

37 comments (26 - 37)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I might agree to the "everyone getting drunk and fighting" part. That's been going on in all my cousin's' Catholic weddings.

I did when I got married. We used a JP but her uncle was a pastor and did a prayer as well. Wasn’t a fan but I respected her and wasn’t going to argue over that.

I did, in the form of breaking the glass with my shoe. Although it has undeniable religious significance, for me it was more of a cultural tribute to my Grandfather.

Yes, if it was the atheist religion of TST.

No.

If they dull enough to want to marry me I doubt they would force me to do that

Simon1 Level 7 June 29, 2018

No point to a wedding, my relationship is none of the government's or church's business.

I wouldn't have a wedding.

Nope, nothing religious at all.

No, my husband was nominally a Presbyterian although never attended. His father put pressure on us to get married in church, he himself was an elder, but I told him I wasn’t going to go through a ceremony which meant nothing to me just to please his father. We had a civil ceremony in a Register Office. His father told me years later that I gained his respect for sticking to my principles.

Being around religious people, religious places does not bother me at all. the main thing about going to church for me is the kneeling in the praying, San Jesus constantly the religious words they always use. They don't bother me I just prefer not to be at church because I don't kneel and pray. But the Church of self does not bother me one bit I kind of like them. I am a man of science! I believe what I see hear taste feel and smell! I will not say there is no God but I will not believe in a heaven and hell based on what man tells me! God is pure love devil is pure hate! How can God send something to pure hate? God would have to have anger!
The definition of pure love is the absence of all hate so how can God be pure love if he has anger? Sentence a human soul to the ultimate torture for all eternity is what I call cruel! Some Humans deserve it, the great majority don't! just because a man does not worship God even though he's a good man! Does he deserve to burn in Brimstone for all eternity? This is one of my biggest questions! Just sayin!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:118469
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.