34 5

Bread Preference

What is your bread preference?

Wheat Bread or Whole Grain.

Perhaps you prefer,

White Bread made from Bleached flour.

If you are anything like me, you grew up with your mom
making sandwiches from a loaf of white bread

Out of habit, i like white bread, however for health reasons i choose to eat wheat and whole grain.

What is your preference?

• 32 votes
  • 3 votes
  • 37 votes
twshield 8 June 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

34 comments (26 - 34)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

100% Whole Wheat.

We make our own. Numerous combinations of grains augmented with extra gluten and frequently nuts, fruits, seeds, coffee, chocolate, and spices.

I'm partial to sourdough.

Gohan Level 7 July 2, 2018

I love breads of all kinds...too much...so I rarely eat it...when I do, I splurge on a local bakery baked bread...mmmm sourdough, French, beer bread, Naan....when I turn 80, I am going to eat all the breads...

If I was going to go fishing (which I don't) I would use fresh white bread to make bait with. Otherwise I eat rye and wheat but not a lot of bread. I have bread around simply for the occasional sandwich. Bread is not a part of my daily plate.

No grains for me. Feel much better since I gave them up.

Calling bread white is racist! jk/jk I picked wheat/grain off of the list. It's better for you anyways. I mostly don't like white bread. Mostly because it is used so often (just like american cheese - even the REAL cheese). I like home made bread myself. I love home made rye bread, dilly bread, and I even found some English Toasting bread! Those are good! I try not to get pre-packaged bread tho. Way too many preservitives. Home made bread doesn't last nearly as long, so I throw it in the freezer. Problem solved.

On a side note about preservitives, I read an article about someone that had a Mickey D's burger for years, and never got mold. I rarely ever eat fast food, but I was in a hurry, and wanted something quick. I got a McDouble, and about half way through eating it I got a stomach ache. I saved the other half and after about 3 weeks (no refrigeration or freezing) it had NO mold! The only reason why I didn't continue the experiment is bacause one of my cats got into the cupboard, and ate it!

The famously ancient but remarkably non-rotting McDonald's burger story is great fun, but not especially notable - in the right conditions (cool, dry, low humidity - such as a cupboard in a well-designed kitchen) many types of food will be preserved, albeit in somewhat shriveled form. You can often see them same effect with food that has been ritually buried, such as bread found in Ancient Egyptian tombs.

I wouldn't eat one of their burgers, nor anything else they sell, though. Not due to concerns over preservative ingredients, but because all their food tastes like shit and the company is run by a bunch of bastards.

@Jnei I got some prepackaged bread several times. I keep it in a bread cabinate, about 8" from where the burger was. Same temp. Same humidity. Both sealed by wood. I can't keep bread out for that long. Not by a far cry. The bun didn't have mold either. If you want to do an experiment, get a mickey d's burger, and make a home made one. Put them side-by side so there is no variables. You'd be shocked as to how the one you made will get mold fast. Maybe a few days. Try it.

@TheGreatShadow [aht.seriouseats.com]

I love Texas toast!!!! yummmmmm. but it's getting so bread doesn't go down well.

Sprouted wheat or craft multi grain. Life is short spend an extra $2 or 3 bucks.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:118665
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.