Agnostic.com

12 2

Are there any New Year traditions that you celebrate?

I just love the Tournament of Roses parade! An Annual tradition in my house.

When I was a kid my family used to make black eyed peas as it was supposed to bring good luck for the year.

SteveB 7 Jan 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I watched that parade from my grandparent's family room tv every year as a child... Ft Madison, Iowa... great memories

standing around awkwardly when everyone kisses their date and hoping nobody comes in for the pity kiss. Super annoying being the only single guy, but I get them back when I can do what I want un-beholden to anyone expecting me home.

Kiss the girls... just kiss the girls!

@SteveB I will take the bullet for you.

@GipsyOfNewSpain I meant to say the Ladies.

Yes, it is not to make any New Year's resolutions.

Pork and sauerkraut, with either mashed or boiled potatoes. But cornbread sounds great.
I started a new tradition this morning - apples dipped in honey.

CS60 Level 7 Jan 1, 2018

I traditionally get hammered on New Years Eve, this year trying to keep warm in front of the woodstove. And like you, I'm a Southerner, so today I'm fixing a pork roast, hoppin' John, collard greens, and cornbread.

Traditionally, I vomit a lot. I don't know that I'd say I "celebrate" that.

(Just kidding. I don't drink enough to have a hangover.)

Duke Level 8 Jan 1, 2018

Different every year. This year-woke up about 11:00. Watching Parade. Laid back today. My house everyone does their own thing. Never know 8 people live here. lol.

Walking through the gray skies of the Upper Midwest and envisioning the warmth of California, if only for a few hours while the Rose Bowl is conducted.

I have usually made both, the corned beef and cabbage per family tradition AND peas and collards per the tradition of my residential region. However, that adds up to a lot of work on my last day off before returning to work.

This year, we are thinking to start a new tradition of continuing the fingerfood feast that we've typically limited to New Year's Eve. Will see how it goes!

Zster Level 8 Jan 1, 2018

I adore the stuff, but can wait until March 27th, I think...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:12031
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.