Agnostic.com

31 5

What motivates you to get out of bed in the morning?

I have a little dog that needs a little meatball every morning. There's a little guy that depends on me. There are things I have to do for my household too. But, I also get up hoping to do something fun. Maybe create something... write my thoughts down.

What gets you out of bed in the morning?

silvereyes 8 Jan 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

31 comments (26 - 31)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The morning.

It gets me out of bed just for being itself.

That I now get to dictate to computers what to do, I am a database programmer, during nice weather times I get to peddle my bike as much as I can and I can read more on the scientific research.

Work/money, food/hunger, boredom/entertainment, chores/task, training/fitness, love/sex, friends/family, school/knowledge bathroom/hygiene. If I didn't have these I wouldn't need to have to get out of bed.

Free parking. And beating the traffic. I travel 43 miles one way to downtown New Orleans, so if I'm not out the door before most people wake up, I get stuck in traffic and I have to PAY for parking and paying for parking is a morning mood killer.

I have an entire company that depends on my servers and software to be up and functional. I get there early and leave early, unless I'm needed for something. We sys admins set our own schedule and accomplish quite a bit while there (There's only 1 additional sys admin, and he handles the WebLogic stuff. I handle all the Linux apps/software - about 3/4's of our VM's are those, and I can do the WebLogic stuff, but let him as he's technically my boss. If something falls on the Linux side though, I get a call if I'm not already there, as nobody else can fix it).

I also enjoy going places and flying my drone - I work the day job so I can afford to travel and photograph things. That makes it worth it to me....

Sadly I'm finding it increasingly difficult to answer that question. Can't tell you how many times I wished I'd never wake up.

Thanks @silvereyes

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:12742
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.