46 3

I need some unique travel ideas

If you go anywhere in the world, where would you go?

By BrandonMorgan
Options Favorite Like

46 comments

Europe

RandyMoose Level 7 July 12, 2018

Or you could buy rail traveller tickets which allow you to go anywhere in Europe for a limited period.

Anywhere that tourists and selfie-sticks don't go!

Geoffrey51 Level 7 July 12, 2018

My dream has always been to just get in a reliable car that has a way to play all my favorite music and drive the back roads with no destination in mind. An old flame used to indulge me in this as best he could (we were constrained by work demands) and he swore he loved it more than any 'exotic' trip he'd ever taken. We stopped at small town diners for delicious meals, we ran across a 'barbeque trailer' in the middle of nowhere and ate the best ribs ever at a rickety picnic table in a field. We had coffee and donuts at shops across the street from the grain elevators and we'd stop for every 'tourist attraction' such as the Biggest Ball Of Twine On Earth. We still joke about a foursome having breakfast in a booth behind ours. They were discussing how a doctor had asked a friend about organ donation, regarding her dying husband. This was when the concept was still relatively new. Best Overheard Conversation, Ever!

Spudnut Level 6 July 11, 2018

If you haven't yet done Supai Village,AZ, I highly recommend it, 10 mile hike in and out, only use what you can carry. It's a native reservation and a series of verdant oases nestled between the walls of the Grand Canyon. Highly recommend an April/May reservation.

Humanistheathen Level 5 July 11, 2018

South Africa (Cape Town) ... Mediterranean climate, excellent/cheap food, best fruit, jackass penguins, Cape Point where the ocean's meet, wildlife parks, wineries, Cape Dutch architecture.

SweetPea88 Level 2 July 11, 2018

My Unique... I keep to myself.

GipsyOfNewSpain Level 8 July 11, 2018

My top 5 unique destinations so far:

Galápagos Islands, Ecuador
Cusco/Machu Picchu, Peru
Sorrento/Isle of Capri, Italy
Ecohotel in Amazonas, Manaus (Brasil)
Isle of Skye, Scotland

Have fun!

filthyMONKEYmen Level 6 July 11, 2018

Some folks in the office were talking about Angkor Wat temples. where Indian Jones scenes were filmed. saw a travel site that had 4 day tours for 250 USD today and my jaw hit the floor. I believe these are in/around Ho Chi Min city. assumably plane tix will be a bastard.

Kso721 Level 2 July 11, 2018

Ireland, Scotland, England, Bora Bora, Mayan and Aztec Ruins, Greece, Spain, Tokyo, Australia, Switzerland, Germany, Iceland, Andes Mountains/ Macchu Pichu, Vancouver, St. Petersburg, Sweden.

FlippantLlama Level 5 July 11, 2018

Peru for the mountains and the carved rock

donnjb Level 3 July 11, 2018

I love that so many people are suggesting iceland. Me too me too

LadyAlyxandrea Level 8 July 11, 2018

The only downside is we all should've gone 20 years ago, the tourism boom is in full swing there now! It doesnt ruin anything but it's weird to visit a small coastal village with 500 inhabitants and a large coach parking area right next to the cafe/gift shop. So far they've handled all that with more thought than many other places though.

If I could bear the heat and humidity I would learn some Spanish and visit Cuba.

Ellatynemouth Level 8 July 11, 2018

Amtrack america is a cheap bet. They offer rail passed. Or else mexico or Canada...

Davethecave Level 7 July 11, 2018

Mongolia.

Mitch07102 Level 7 July 11, 2018

Try cycling around the moon, swimming the ocean, climbing the Everest, etc. Too extreme? Not really...

AdriaBack Level 5 July 11, 2018

A two year European tour, again, see what's changed and what hasn't. Berlin most definitely and Eastern Europe (since I couldn't go there before). Museums, river cruises, overnight in castles, the christmas markets, rosenmontag in Frankfurt (my favorite place to spend the weekend), the highland games, the Med coast.
Too many memories to count, too much fun to forget.

MacTavish Level 7 July 11, 2018

go outside

goldenvalleyguy Level 7 July 11, 2018

smartass lol smile007.gif

@valerina ....yes....you are......

Okay, here's a trip few take that will amaze you and you'll be able to impress the living kapok out of your friends with the recordings of your tour. The New York Underground.

evidentialist Level 8 July 10, 2018

That qas fascinating. Thank you for sharing.

Iceland is high on my list, esp in winter.
Also would like to go to South Africa, amazing wines.
Nova Scotia is great, is you want to stay safe... Newfoundland and Labrador would be interesting I am sure.
The US has lost it's allies but Canadians are still so nice.

Akfishlady Level 8 July 10, 2018

I also want to visit iceland. Especially their hot springs.

Edinburgh. The Royal Edinburgh military tattoo happens in August and looks like so much fun.

GwenC Level 5 July 10, 2018

glow worm caves... they are so cool. but I'm going to Iceland in Sept.

MissaDixon Level 6 July 10, 2018

@BrandonMorgan There are glow worms on the North Island of New Zealand. Stop by Rotorua to see a mini Yellow Stone Park

@minhmeister what he said

You should check out the hotsprings there too. I wanna goooo

Norway

Irish-welder Level 5 July 10, 2018

On 26 March 2012, Cameron reached the bottom of the Challenger Deep, the deepest part of the Mariana Trench. ... Measured by Cameron, at the moment of touchdown, the depth was 10,898 m (35,756 ft).

fathercat Level 7 July 10, 2018

Iceland, the sun doesn't set this time of year and it is home to some of the most attractive people on the planet, hot springs, nature, glaciers and wild parties.

Surfpirate Level 7 July 10, 2018

It is on my list... sometime soon!

South Africa and Namibia. Beautiful scenery. Great wildlife!

OlderMusicGeek Level 7 July 10, 2018
Write Comment
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content read full disclaimer
  • Agnostic.com is a non-profit community for atheists, agnostics, humanists, freethinkers, skeptics and others happy without religion!