Agnostic.com

10 6

LINK Red-hot planet: All-time heat records have been set all over the world during the past week - The Washington Post

Global Weirding continues - how can there still be climate change deniers????

poetdi56 7 July 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

A few years back I assigned my 8th grade science class to research and present findings on global warming. I no longer assign that research topic as the science does not paint a probably happy outcome for our climate as we have initiated several positive feedback loops.

To answer your "how can there still be climate change deniers" . . . Faith. Same reason (and for the most part same people) that still assert a god (supported by faith (belief without evidence and supported in defense of evidence to the contrary). Faith damages a person's ability to accept reality and make informed decisions.

That’s just the atmosphere. The interior temperature of the earth has remained the same and these lying ass scientist are cherry picking the data.

You do our life form depends on the atmosphere? The oceans are also warming. [epa.gov]

@NoMagicCookie Woosh

@indirect76 A bit of advice for you:

Via Facebook posts, I have found it beneficial to introduce sarcasm with "SARCASM ALERT".

I find it amusing (as in lucky you) that you do not understand how many people actually assert "That’s just the atmosphere." and are completely serious about that assertion defending their position against climate change.

Yes, this is a Face-Palm stupid assertion but I have on numerous occasions during face-to-face debates with theists/climate change deniers that use you argument as what the think is a defence against climate change. Seriously. Some people are that stupid. Last week I ran across TWO flat-earthers. Yes, they were serious.

In you defence you may incorrectly assume that these pages are filled only with rational people. I really wish that was the case.

I have encountered a level seven user on this website that assert faith is a better method of finding truth then Science, and another level 6 user that claimed science is dangerous and we will suffer because we trust science. And finally the most annoying of cognitively impaired theists (level 7) that asserts the default position is to believe in a god and the burden of proof is on the person who does not accept a positive god assertion.

Although you are most likely not in the league of of the rather sad examples I have sighted, Clearly identifying SARCASM will clarify that you are not among those that honestly assert stupidity.

"Fake news..." The devil's making it look like that so that he can deceive us to believe in science and evolution.

Wow!
"As we reported, Quriyat, Oman, posted the world’s hottest low temperature ever recorded on June 28: 109 degrees (42.6 Celsius)."

bingst Level 8 July 12, 2018

I thought that was determined with the last ameriKKKan election that there is no Global Warming?

@Gwendolyn2018 Darn... you are a spoiler!!!

@Gwendolyn2018 You deserve to be spoiled!

Nobody denies climate change the debate is about what is really causing the change it is still within normal parameters based on the past nobody is going to do anything about reducing the energy we just turn our air-conditioners up and wear comfortable. If we stopped using energy it would cause the most severe recession we have ever seen in our lifetime.

dc65 Level 7 July 12, 2018

We can not "stop using Energy." Folks who study this problem know that well. The trick is to use energy in a sustainable way. That means ramping up solar and other alternatives as fast as we possibly can.

@marmot84Nuclear power is the only viable source of electrical energy that can supply 24 /7 power with our present technology. And we're not going to do nuclear because people feel it's too dangerous. We better learn to live on the earth we are making, like I said we can always turn on our air-conditioners. And if it continues getting warmer we need to quit draining the water off the land and start using it to arrogate the farmland that produces our food. Nobody's looking at this problem. The usage of fossil fuel is increasing worldwide at 1 to 1 1/2% a year and it is not slowing down.

"Nobody denies climate change"

No.

I wish you were correct but there are many theists that will actively deny climate change. I ran into two earlier this week. Both of these theists were also flat earthers. I assure there are some profoundly stupid theists in this world.

I live in Florida, it's always hot here, so I never notice the difference.lol.
But seriously, How exactly much more evidence do the Science deniers need?

I'm in FL as well, so I'm used to it - but it is much hotter in California than usual right now - crazy heat!

@poetdi56 It is climate change

@poetdi56 we've had some pretty had summers in Australia the last couple of years. Temps of mid to high 30's have been hitting 43-45. Not fun when humidity kicks in as well up north

The evidence for climate change is irrefutable. But still the anti-science politicians deny the truth!

What's keeping the PNW so cool, I wonder. ?

It is climate change of course

It was 101 today at 11:30

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:129109
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.