Agnostic.com

36 4

I want to change my name. Lucas is my last name and it's the name I go by unless I'm around family. My name is Daniel. I hate that name because of why it was given to me. There is no other person in my entire family line with the name Daniel, that name was given to me because of what it means. Daniel means 'god is my judge'. When I was a kid my dad used to tell me what my name means every night before going to sleep. View my bio and other posts to learn more about my upbringing. But I want a new name. Something non religious and representing free thought and skepticism. I will make Lucas my first name since I'm already used to
Using it as a first name. Any suggestions?

Lucas20520 6 Jan 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

36 comments (26 - 36)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I read in a book somewhere that if you want to be successful in sales, change your last name to Sharp, Gold, or Diamond.

You could just change the spelling... swap the a and the e around and become Denial. Since Lucas means light and Christ is (or so some would claim) "the light of the world," you can say your name means Denial of Christ 🙂

Jnei Level 8 Jan 5, 2018

what do you want to project?

Not good with names … Mine’s (not what I’m going by here) so unusual I’ve never found anyone with it ..thanks mom… My dad once told me I could change it, that he ‘never liked it’... I’ve kept it, it’s a good indicator of the acceptance level of those I meet. Yup, Daniel's all over the place within my family. ...so, not good at names, I’ve always loved one a guy chose for himself, ‘Lightning Clearwater.’ ...not a suggestion, but anything’s possible 😉

Varn Level 8 Jan 5, 2018

I know someone named Dusty Waters. I liked htat

Kywalker! Nebuchandezzar! 😉

In all seriousness, though, that's tough, go with something meaningful to you—a historical figure, a special location, a name that you have a distant family tie to...

If it is that important to you, change it. However, no longer is your name your label. My given name is a derivative of a name meaning "gift of god." My parents had no idea of that when they gave it to me; they liked the sound of it and that it was short. It doesn't bother me, no matter its origin.

A name change is not going to solve any issues...if you Latin or Italian look at the name as a what is just a name...it does not define you...but if you need it so bad Lucas is Saint Luke in Portugues...

I think for a lot of people, it's important for how they feel and see themselves -- not because their name is going to bring about world peace. 😉

Lucas Antetokounmpo. Last name of my favorite basketball player.

I think "Christian" is my favourite.

Daniel Humanis

I kind of like Jeff.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:12970
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.