Agnostic.com

13 2

Double standards or not!

Would a Christian parent be convinced if the daughter was pregnant, didn't have sex and claimed it was 'God's child'?

• 5 votes
  • 31 votes
  • 7 votes
DSGavde 6 July 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I voted “no”.

Let me preface this statement with a disclaimer. I’m making this statement with the thought of an average person’s intelligence in mind. Not their view on religion.

An “average” set of parents would know that their teenage daughter is lying to them with this kind of statement. They would know, religious views or not, that children lie. Especially teenagers in order to avoid trouble.

The only way I could see a set of parents believing this would be if they were brainwashed by a cult into believing that their specific daughter was the first human in thousands of years to be the first successful case of HUMAN parthenogenesis. I’m which case, they aren’t fit psychologically to raise a child, let alone let their child raise a child.

Leo716 Level 6 July 23, 2018

Has anyone tried this? That would be so funny.

Carin Level 8 July 23, 2018

In the privacy of their home the questioning of the possible father would happen but at the "gathering" it be the proud moment of immaculate conception.

Pretty sure I saw someone on the news saying their daughter was having the lords baby.

antman Level 7 July 18, 2018

I saw that too!

What country was this in?

I wasnt convinced when Mary said it !

jacpod Level 8 July 15, 2018

Probably not, but who knows?

They have no problem that it happened to jesus, but frown on any one else claiming divinity.

But we’re all God’s children, right?

Hermit Level 7 July 14, 2018

Not the atheist ones ???

Several teenage girls turned up pregnant in my church when I was a kid. Most claimed rape (even the three with long term boyfriend's) only one tried for immaculate conception. She was sent to a group home for knocked up Christian teens.

Is her name Mary? Maybe......

When someone buys that, that's when count teeth.

godef Level 7 July 14, 2018

Probably only to the extent that they take their faith seriously enough to believe in immaculate conception, and... that they are narcissistic and delusional enough to believe that their God has chosen their daughter to be the next Virgin Mary.

Certainly that kind of crazy exists, but I didn't see that option in the poll.

Kind of a niche crazy. But plausible, very plausible.

Well, many of them have proved they'll buy anything.
So, why the hell not that, too?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:130618
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.