Agnostic.com

20 1

Tell me...

What's your favorite cartoon, animation, or anime?

Psycho_Sammie 4 July 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

20 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Captain Caveman and Scooby Doo, there is simply no competition. ???

I see some really good shows listed in the comments but no one has said Invader Zim.

"Why was there bacon in the soap?"

My Neighbor Totoro

Bloom County

Simpsons, South Park and Archer

I have a vast array of animated shows that i greatly enjoy. So to ask me my favorite would probably give you different answers depending on which time you ask. At the moment the first one that comes to mind is the anime "Erased".

I love the science fiction / Supernatural aspect of it. There is also a time travel element was also very enjoyable and well-executed. It really spoke the sentiment we all have "if only I knew then what I know now".

Just yesterday I found out that someone who worked on Death Note, another one of my favorites, also worked on this one.

Clupus Level 4 July 15, 2018

I enjoy "The Simpsons" for he satire.

South Park and Futurama

Looney Toons..comfort thing from my childhood.

Family guy
Simpson's
Pixar Animated shorts
Really liked Ratatouille

Animaniacs

Bob's Burgers, Venture Bros, Archer, Daria, Futurama, American Dad, Family Guy, Ugly Americans, the Critic, the Simpsons, Seven Deadly Sins, Spice and Wolf, the Devil is A Part Timer, Soul Eater, Deadman Wonderland, Blue Exorcist, Fruits Basket, Attack on Titan, Assassination Classroom, Hellgirl, FLCL, Xxxholic, Death Parade, Durarara, Ranma 1/2

Both Vampire Hunter D's, Fatal Fury the Motion Picture, Akira, Iria, Flight of Dragons, Boy and the Beast, Wizards, Castle of Cagliostro...

I'm sure I'm forgetting a bunch.

There are lots of good, adult-themed cartoons these days. A few I really like are:

• Rick and Morty (comedy, parody, sci-fi, absurdism)
  • BoJack Horseman (surprisingly poignant yet really funny)
  • Archer (earlier seasons in particular)
  • Big Mouth (who knew puberty could be so funny?)

There's a wonderful video by the YouTube channel wisecrack about the philosophy of Rick and Morty and BoJack Horseman. It explores the forms of nihilism in both serieses. He cites many philosophers to support his analysis. I really enjoyed it if you haven't seen it I recommend you check it out.

Doonsbury, by Gary Trudeau.

Calvin & Hobbs

I loved all of the Mel Blanc Looney Tunes cartoons and their characters.

Not in order:
Violet Evergarden
Cowboy Beebop
Steamboy
Fullmetal Alchemist
Samurai Champloo
From up on Poppy Hill
Bob's Burgers
Grave of the Fireflies
Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Appleseed
Fooly Cooly
Attack on Titan
Ghost in the Shell
Robot Chicken
Morel Orel

...more I can't think of right now. Christ! I watch more cartoons now than when I was 10 yo. Some are just wonderful stories...better than most of the junk on TV.

Bugs Bunny all the way, man. The king!

?? or any of the old Loony Toons ?

Got a few.
Archer
Sealab
Aqua Teen
Squidbillies
Morel Orel
Metalocalypse

Contemporary cartoon suck.

The wild thornberries

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:131241
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.