Agnostic.com

26 8

LINK Fox News Op-Ed: Atheists Are ‘Bullies’ Who Try To Force Their Beliefs On Others - The Intellectualist

I don't think he is telling the truth about who tries to force their beliefs onto others.

snytiger6 9 July 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

26 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The very definition of religion might as well be to force your beliefs on other people... as an atheist I don’t have beliefs, just scientific facts that lack evidence of intervention. I feel so bad for any theists forced to here facts. Also I, like most don’t give a shit if someone is religious... at least not until they try and make policy based on delusion, then I do a bunch of caring.

As far as I know. no Atheist has ever knocked on anyones door on a Sunday morning trying to convert anybody.

There is no belief to be forced on anyone. A-theism is a non-belief, not a belief, and it is just a non-belief in god(s), nothing more. NO one can force anyone to not believe in god(s). Beliefs are in one's mind and brain.

@MichaelSpinler Yes, this is just one of many reason that religions are so harmful to humans and society.

DeStefano is an unmitigated liar. He has no understanding of general history, or the history of his religion or "holy" book.
He is also deliberately ignorant of the genocides committed in the name of gods.
Especially the christian god.
DeStefano can go fuck himself.

@goldenvalleyguy Anthony DeStefano is the author of Inside the Atheist Mind: Unmasking the Religion of Those Who Say There is No God.
The Op-Ed was adapted from the his book.
DeStefano is a rabid religutard who likes to demonize atheists with abject lies. The word "logic" cannot be used to describe anything about him or his writings.

@KKGator Wtf that title is in itself an oxymoron, athieism is not a religion by definition it's a lack thereof, this guy sound like an absolute retard, sorry for my lack of pc lol.

Faux News

Yeah because atheists want abortion legal so we can eat the babies.... Like our religion says we should do...

Look at the number of Christian oriented Bills put forth in every State Legislature and Congress and then tell me who is forcing their beliefs on others, not to mention a Supreme Court more willing to uphold and enforce these laws.

I don't think we ever kill people for being experts in herbal medicine or for failing to wave their bottoms in each other's faces while casting spells. I don't think we avoid talking to people with different beliefs out of fear of losing our own beliefs. No - I can't see where this bullying aspect comes into it at all. We just don't like bigots who bully others, and when we point the finger at them we are not the ones doing the bullying.

The op ed writer needs to look up the definition of bully. In the USA, the bullies are religious and this is a serious case of transference.

I didn't realize I was so powerful.

Ironic that the non-athiests bullies are actually the ones that have forced their beliefs on billions while we are only a handful merely sharing the truth.

They control all the politicians who never say a peep about Freethinkers and Athiests in America and don't represent us even though we pay billions in taxes. And they get a tax exemption for spreading their lies with our tax dollars. Where's the atheist's, freethinker's, philosopher's, scientist's, etc. tax exemption for us telling the truth?

This is PROOF OF THE POWER of the truth teller, the freethinker, the philosopher, the astronomer, the scientist, the athiest, the agnostic. Religious folks are scared to death of the truth tellers and have been for centuries. They have burned people at the stake for telling any kind of truth. Now it's a virtual burning at the stake. They have us all afraid to tell the truth. They're have always been on a mission to choke us out. I am a fan of all those brave truth tellers in history who risked their own lives to tell the truth. Truth is the only thing that will take all the non-athiests down and know it, that's why they try so desperately to stop the truth tellers. Fox "News": The Republican, Trump, Conservative, Christian, The all inclusive-big tent-Democrat-Liberal-Freethinker hating, Hypocrisy, lying channel.

Liars and morons spreading their fake news.

Maybe he made a typo. He added an 'a' by accident. Theists, Bible thumpers, Jehovah's witnesses , etc, etc, these are the bullies who go door to door attempting to 'spread the good news', shoving their beliefs down any gullible throats they can find. ??

Apparently he considers the Crusades irrelevant to the topic. Hmmm...

Are you are effing KIDDING me? I just got home from shopping at a boutique I frequent. I told the manager there about how I had to find something to wear because I have was asked on a date! I was so excited about it and she became excited for me and then said; God always has a plan!. I mentally went limp, but I certainly didn't need to shove my atheism down her throat. I did as I always do, The Smile n Nod.

The story is a bit disturbing in that we, as atheists are supposed to tolerate people like the sales lady pushing their beliefs onto us, and we for the most part do just that. The above story is the exact opposite of the Fox News claims.

Pure BS. Consider the source. Fox Noise. Theists are usually trying to impose their beliefs on others. I leave people alone.

They also say we are sinister and ignorant. See, when someone can't control a person / group of person ...will try to control the way people think about that person / group.

That is what "character assassination" is all about. If you don't like the message you discredit the messenger. Fox news, and politicians do this all the time.

@snytiger6 Fortunatelly, the truth always pops up...and the SOB end up looking like the AH they are.

@snytiger6 I was a victim of "character assassination" by the actions of a very close relative....and that's the reason I never take for granted what a person says to me about others.

The second largest number of theists in the world are muslim. Many of which would quite happily sever his head from his body because of his beliefs. Just as many Christians would have done in days of yore. I wonder if he was faced with the choice which one would he choose?

No shit.

They surround themselves and their viewers in a complete fantasy world of lies.

Idiot

bobwjr Level 10 Aug 18, 2019

We need a Freethinkers channel! Network! Tax Exempt! Let's go ACLU!!

Projection much??

Atheists for the most part have no belief to force upon anyone except a defense of having been "Bullied" But then again trying to rationalize any debate against Fox Fake News is like getting most or their commentators to go and Graduate College.

Hahaha, how can you push your belief on others when there is no belief? I'd like to believe in humanity, but that's proving more difficult than believing in the buy-bull.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:131554
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.