Agnostic.com

341 197

Dating after 50

Is it just me, or is dating after 50 a nightmare?

It seems like almost everyone is so religious, which narrows the pool significantly.

Then out of those who are left the majority fall into one of these categories: looking for a nurse/care giver,
looking for someone MUCH younger to recapture their youth or REPUBLICAN

Then of the 10 people in your region that are left...you don't like 5 and the other 5 don't like you.

OYE! I think I just need a gay best friend to do things with and a new vibrator.

Crimson67 8 Jan 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

341 comments (326 - 341)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm mostly with ya Crimson. Add to that having a 13 year old at 54. SMH. I don't date. I am active, outgoing, involved, intelligent, loving, kind, generous, loyal, employed, fun, but over 50, with a wonderful kid, and carrying extra pounds. (Aka baggage in many eyes). Seems like young, slim, and childless trumps it all. Let em go! LOL.
I've got great friends and a Beautiful life!

@Soarfeet I would want to meet you and K9 Kohle if either of you lived in my area, but you don't. Likely you and @K9Kohle789 have the same problem with men our age on this site.

@Soarfeet not all men are like that. Smart independent women are a wonderful thing. Too much codependency in this world.

I am not sure what to do ..

I know what you mean, I'm having the same issue up here in Wisconsin. I hope your nightmare turns into dreams come true.

I would expect that older people would be more mature and handle dating much better.

I hear you! It seems that it's difficult to find a new age philosopher that has successfully let go of old age religiosity. The glass is always twice as big as it needs to be. One has not fully rejected religion until it no longer infects a healthy sexual experience.

Oh , new to this , not very incourageing

Pilot Level 2 Aug 10, 2018

Yes and No. I know myself better than I ever have before. I've had enough experience to know what I want, what I don't want, and why. There are lots of atheists in and around Seattle so that's not an issue. I don't date religious women, Republicans, Trump supporters, women too much younger, or women with young kids. This still leaves a large number of possible matches.

I don't think your issue is age. It is living in a red state and/or not in a big metro area. You need a bigger pool of potential dates.

No it is a nightmare

There are more non religious people out there than what one may think. I saw several years ago a statistics saying that 15% of the population are either atheists or agnostic. They just play it cool and do not make any waves about this. I am an atheist for most of my life. I do not make too many waves about this as I do not want repercusions that may affect my daughter. Good luck with your vibrator and wish you the best.

how is it fair for the rest of us as you wish your daughter to be the comfort wife or religion. We are not human. Religion is about money and its still go around destroying the world to get what they want.

It is. Men and women have issues and to me it seems everyone is so self centered they have no intention of really wanting to know you. So many people have superficial goals and that's it. I feel very lonely, but always end up better alone. Open to answers.

I've not had a difficult time meeting women over 50 who aren't batshit crazy. But I look younger than my age, and act younger, too. Plus they tell me I'm reasonably attractive (I don't see it) and I have other... er... physical attributes that my GFs appreciate. <blush>

Oh it sucks for sure, and if you are atheist and " not into kids" you are really a blue cow.

I'm thinking "catch 22", you can't have it until you don't want it. How many have found a great relationship after giving up and stopped the search? I'm at the point where if the perfect relationship were right in front of me I'd turn and walk away. It won't be perfect for long.

As we age, we become settled and on the path to enlightenment. Our children are grown and our values have changed. I got tired of settling and getting dumped because my belief got in the way. This site could make a difference in many of our lives. I'm an introvert and when it comes to dating I don't want to go out, I want to go in. lol. many still have fears that need to be soothed before stepping out again. Just open yourself up and someone will come along.

You might find the right one even In your 50 ‘s , my past don’t is gone , have to give a try.

Well, not married by 50, we've got the left overs no one else wanted, which, to be fair, includes us.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13170
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.