Agnostic.com

68 7

How many places have you lived in your lifetime?

Which was your favorite? and why?

I've lived in 9 places so far, and I love to travel. I would say Germany was my favorite place, but I don't have enough memory of it. The memories I do have are beautiful and odd. So, I have to say Tucson is my favorite place. Mostly because it's my home town. I lived there 3 times throughout my life, each time at different stages of my life, with amazing memories with friends and family. Good and not so good memories, but I still have a fondness for that place.

Stacey48 8 July 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

68 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Kansas and missouri.

I prefer missouri, more woods and quiet and the Ozark mountains are home to me.

Paris -France

Oxford- U.K

IRELAND MY HOMELAND. Enjoyed them all..

Lol (x,y,z) should cover it

He’s using coordinates

@Stacey48

???

@Phin My silly %ss forgot to use the right general coordinates. Fixed it, though.

@DZhukovin I just figured you were using polar and Cartesian

@Phin

Yeah! 🙂

I freaking hate normal geometry, though. It's so childish and boring.

I wish I took differential geometry instead. Analytical geometry is OK, though.

0-17 in So. California
17-32 in Germany
32-49 in Pittsburgh
49-55 in England.
Last few months in Columbus Ohio now in Oklahoma.
Germany was my favourite for many reasons but mainly because they're so reasonable about things.
Germany itself is incredibly beautiful. It's also pretty central to most European countries that makes easy travel to.

Moved around a bit as a kid, but mainly grew up in Nowra, a big-ish town about 100 miles south of Sydney. Beautiful surroundings, but the town itself is pretty white trash ('bogan' in the local dialect). From 18, various share houses around Sydney, mainly in the Epping/Eastwood area or the inner city. Then off to the UK, first Cambridge, now Manchester. Probably lived in around 30 different houses in my lifetime?

Bogan.......I Havn't heard that in a while. 😀

Looking at the replies I have lived a sheltered life.

Mokvon Level 8 July 18, 2018

16 different cities and towns
4 of them 2 times each

In chronological order

Albuquerque NM
Carmel CA
Philadelphia PA
Eldora PA
Charleroi PA
Fisher Heights PA
Cement City PA
Winter Park FL
Irmo SC
Avalon Park FL
New Orleans LA
Goldenrod FL
Kissimmee FL

I will be moving again in 2021.

Life as a musician. I know it well. 😀

A fun question! In my 61 years I have lived in seven homes in two states! As a child I would say that my favorite house was where I was raised, simply because I had so many wonderful memories before we left to move to Oregon. (My entire family is from Oregon, but my father moved us to CA for grad degrees.) I've lived in my present home less than a year - I "down-sized" after selling the home in which I raised my children, and I love my new home. But the home I'd lived in for nearly 30 years was probably my favorite simply because it was a lovely big house and my yard was beautiful with mature plantings. That said, I really love my more modest house (which is half the size of the prior one) because I chose it all on my own, bought it all on my own, and especially that it is mine, mine, mine! The yard is still almost bare, but slowly getting turned into what I want. I am in the same small suburban city that I cannot imagine leaving, but a more modest neighborhood. It might take awhile, but I intend to have the new yard as lush as what I'd left behind. (Photo is after I'd finished one project). Thanks for the question!

Rustee Level 7 July 18, 2018

Cities or houses?

Cities:

Pittsburgh, PA
Meadville, PA
Brisbane, Australia
Albany, NY
Los Angeles
Vancouver, WA
Boise, ID
Walla Walla, WA
Mediocre Falls, MT
Canon City, CO
Clovis, NM
Ft Worth, TX

I count 12 cities, and (I think) 24 houses.

Every time I move, I vow it will be the last time.

Ozman Level 7 July 18, 2018

@Stacey48 Gotta stay one step ahead of Johnny Law 😉

No, seriously, mostly for work. I do like to travel, and have been fortunate with my career allowing me to do so

6 in WI, 1 in MN, 2 in VA, 6 in MD, 1 in DC, 3 in TN, 5 in England, 1 in Germany (exchange student short time), 1 in Malaysia, but traveled in 32-ish countries and went around the world once. My favorite was London. It felt like the world was my oyster living there.

Holli Level 6 July 17, 2018

@Stacey48 Yes! I've had a very lucky and free and wonderful life. I appreciate it more and more as I get older.

About 8 different residences but same state lols

3 towns. Many places.

The Fraternity house. I joined and almost instantly became the old guy in charge.

9 different places in Michigan until I was 31. Then 7 places in Texas. 2 in Nevada. A 5 month stint in South Carolina and 5 months in Stockholm, Sweden.

@Stacey48 It's got to be Sweden. There are other places I wouldn't mind living here in the U.S. but it's hard to pick just one.

When we found my grandmother's address book, it list 32 addresses for my parents during their 69 year military marriage. That has to be some sort of record!

Japan, Germany, Turkey, Panama, England, France, Italy,..USA...lived in IL, TX, KS, IN, PA, AL, SC, NC, NY, GA, KY, LA...moved 32 times so far...I have visited a lot of other places, but anything less than 3 months I didn't count...My favorite was Panama and then Atlanta, GA...

@Shelton Army brat...and the wanderlust stayed with me...hitting Australia and New Zealand next year...

@Stacey48 I mostly travel alone or with female friends...I get very anxious and need to at least drive somewhere at least once a month...I have been known to get in my car and just take off a few days, calling my husband and family when I finally stop...you can buy a toothbrush and clean underwear anywhere now, so it makes spontaneous trips easy...lol

@Stacey48 lol my family thinks I have early on set dementia...I don't...I actually have a small suitcase in my car of essentials, my ipad and my paints...I call them "artist roadtrips"...

I think its...like 20 times? 19 of them within the same state. I was born in Louisiana, lived there until my dad couldn't take my mom's family anymore (6 months) then moved to Fayetteville until mom couldn't take dad's family anymore (age 2) then two or three places I don't remember, then two different places (apartment and house) in Goldsboro then up to the mountains, where we moved inside the county about every three years. Then I graduated, went to Greensboro, and spent the next ten years bouncing back and forth between Greensboro and my home county, then the last time I left Greensboro I moved about an hour away from my home county.

I've never lived anywhere more than about four years. Most places 2 years or less.

Canada, two provinces
U.K.
USA, Texas.. Dallas and currently Houston.

Born in the Caribbean... lived in USA (East Coast, West Coast, South), Spain, Greece, Germany. With 20 years in the Navy. I had been around many lands and nations and my resume includes many ladies of many countries. Just relocated Sunday to Las Vegas (2nd time). I am a Gypsy. But is not about getting there... it is about what you do once you are there.

Let's see...Muckleshoot Native American reservation--though I was an infant and don't remember,
Olympia, WA,
Poulsbo, WA,
Seattle, WA,
Hamburg, West Germany (now just Germany)
Seeheim W. Germany
New Orleans, LA,
Tuscaloosa, AL,
Mobile, AL,
& Baton Rouge, LA.

Without question my favorite was Seeheim. Charming 1100 year old German village, cobblestone streets, streetcars, charming old houses, clean, charming stable European lifestyle. AND mostly just nominal religious presence, rather than the devout, aggressive fundy stuff we see so much of in so much of the U.S.

@Stacey48 me too. The ch allenge is money. I have never had the budget for much world travel.

Utah ( SLC), California (San Diego, Oxnard, Ventura, Monterey), Florida (Orlando), Virginia (Ft. Belvoir), Puerto Rico (Roosevelt Roads NS), Bermuda (St. George), Saudi Arabia (Al Jubail), Italy (La Maddalena), Texas (Lorena, Marfa, Iraan).

Italy

Thank You for your Service Shipmate. I have a daughter born in Roosey Roads. I was stationed in that Secret Little Base in Sabana Seca.

@GipsyOfNewSpain
I had friends that worked there.

Think I have run out of flanges to count them on.

azzow2 Level 9 July 17, 2018

I have lived in five states and it’s not nearly enough

9 cities/towns in 5 states (Colorado, Idaho, Minnesota, Iowa, Ohio, then back to Iowa) over the first 29 years of my life. Now I've been in the same house for 18 years.

New York City, Korea, Germany, Maryland, DC. Not too many. Would love to love over seas again some day.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:133466
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.