Agnostic.com

104 6

Very first concert you attended?

Dew25 7 July 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

104 comments (76 - 100)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think it was Red Lorry Yellow Lorry in Hamburg, mid-80s. That time was a bit hazy so can't be sure of the details 😉

Pete66 Level 6 July 19, 2018

Granmax in Tulsa 1976. Hard rock group from god knows where, but they gave a copy of their album away with ticket purchase. Opening act was a laser light show.

The Stones 1971 - just before Sticky Fingers came out (I was 13)

Amazing...I'm jealous

In what country?
The first US concert I attended was the Beach Boys, Lexington, KY, 1970, my freshman year of college.

As far as I can remember, the San Antonio Symphonic Orchestra.

Lol Adam Ant

KISS, 1977, Des Moines, Iowa. Tender young age, but by the end of the concert, had the 21-year old girlfriend of a co-worker on my shoulders. That resulted in a very interesting, very tumultuous few weeks.

Rob Zombie

I think it was Three-Dog Night.

I lived overseas in Italy in the 70s from 12 to 16 years old. (This is important!) Italys crowd control was non- existent... so many bands didn't tour there. We had no TV because armed forces cabke was a distant sci-fi dream. There were zip concerts there when I lived there.

We had albums. And cassettes.

I listened to music all the time. On evenings I FREQUENTLY had my dad record borrowed albums for me... so my dad had to listen to BOC, Led Zep, Foghat, etc. He never could believe Rush was just 3 guys!

We move back stateside when I was 16 in 1980... and local radio says blah blah blah Rush... and I told dad "I'm going to that!"
Next day he comes home with 2 tickets and we go!

Of course I think it was to.see what the concert scene was like. Obvious 19yr old or so Navy squid next to me offers me a joint when Rush hits the stage. I give him the "No thanks! I'm full!!!" sign. He reaches past me and offers it to my LCDR father! Dad waves it off too. My head exploded as I figure I am experiencing my first and last concert simultaneously!

Rush, Permanent Waves tour...

There is a girl I should have invited... amazing how blind guys are at 16.

Aerosmith in 1978.

Hermit Level 7 July 19, 2018

The Five Americans

Very first was when I was about 4 or 5 years old. My mom and her BFF took me to a Beach Boys concert at Blossom Music Center. It was outdoors, pouring down rain to the point of mudslides happening on the hill. Drunk people everywhere having a blast in the mud!

LizL Level 5 July 19, 2018

Whoops. Should have said "...they're the only ones to do it!"

Disturbed Music as a Weapon 2 Springfield, Ma

Korn and rob zombie

YES Richfield Coliseum August 21st 1977

Bad Company around '75 along with Kansas before their breakout album.

godef Level 7 July 19, 2018

Rush, Grace Under Pressure tour.

Told my parents I was staying at my friends for the weekend... we drove from Winnipeg to Minneapolis to see New Order in 1987.They were so strung out, they could barely perform.

As a child: Jacksons reunion tour.
First REAL concert: Bon Jovi opened for Ratt
FIrst real fun concert: Metallica opened for Ozzy, right before Cliff died.

1996 Edmonton AB
99 bands for $6, or $5 if you brought a vegan food donation for Food Not Bombs. It was a punk show at a small hall, I think it was called Parklands. I was 16. I was only able to go for a couple hours and missed most of the show.

The only band I really remember was a joke band called The Edmon-tones, which were a 2 peice xurf rock band with a guitar and the other member playing an assortment of cow bells, triangles, wood blocks, pails, etc.

First real band I remember ever seeing was probably The James T Kirks, a instrumental psychobilly band at the Ritz Diner. It was either them or Greenday, but they were so bad live they don't count anyway.

I saw angel,humble pie and mothers finest in cleveland,1980.

I don't really go to concerts so my first one was, I think, 2008. It was Lynyrd Skynyrd playing at Wild Adventures in Valdosta, GA. I knew of the band and a few of their songs, but wouldn't call myself a fan. It was just something my two brothers and I could do together. I don't think we even knew the band was there to play. We just went to the theme park then decided to stay and attend the concert that night.

However, I was not expecting to see all the Confederate flags scattered throughout the crowd and on the stage. It made me very uncomfortable the whole time I was there.

Boston, backed up by Sammy Hagar, in Vancouver, BC. At the time, most major concert tours either started or ended in Vancouver. And it was still general admission.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:134518
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.