Agnostic.com

36 5

What was your favorite subject in High School?

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

36 comments (26 - 36)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sopors and Qualudes. They were my biz, not proud but what a hell of Senior Year! 2 years after graduation my college girlfriend was doing her teaching practice in my high school and I went to pick her up once. Once the major dudes in the school saw me with her... they apologized to her for being assholes in her class. Never happened again but she was like... Who were you in high school? They still talk about you like a god. I told her... I was the kid you admire when you are a sophomore, the one you think you will never get to be as a junior, the man you do not know you are as a senior and it is not until you are gone, that you find out the truth. Their respect to you is my validation. Everybody got high on my account. It was not about making money, it was about high times... Class of 72. And today all is in the past and still do not support or understand medical marijuana. I am that Weird. Can but barely ever drink, no self medication of any kind. But I am not going to say never, simply none is needed and learned to cope with life "au naturale". I didn't have favorite subjects, I had favorite teachers... a lesbian communist art teacher, an english teacher that we had a moment outside a public pool and that taught me in jr high also and another english teacher that was friends with the teaching parents of my high school girlfriend. Thanks for bringing back memories. Because everything I did was skew... teachers, not subjects.

History.

Journalism/school newspaper

I always really excelled in writing and English classes, so when I found journalism a challenge, it was interesting to me.

It blew my mind how fundamentally different journalistic writing was from creative writing, from format to punctuation, to simple things like content and always using a person's last name after initial introduction. It was so vastly different.

For me to find a writing class that pushed me outside my comfort zone and changed everything I knew about writing, it was a completely wonderful experience I never want to do again but appreciate having, lol.

I had always thought before that class that I'd probably end up a journalist because it was the only logical career for a person who excelled in writing and English who didn't want to be a teacher and couldn't depend on being a novelist.

It was great for showing me that there's no way in hell I could be a journalist lol

Biology. Seriously, slept through many classes, turned in almost zero homework, 'padded' the long-term semester project, got 2nd. highest grade on final exam and caused an emotional melt-down for Ms. Baumeister; who'd had her heart set on flunking me.

Algebra, Geometry, and Calculus.

history

weeman Level 7 July 20, 2018

Biology.

The mathematics and science courses. I couldn’t just pick one.

Anthropology/World Religions

To me that stuff is fascinating... Ms. Magner and she had a stutter. Some kids made fun of her but I thought they were stupid because they couldn't see that she was a worthwhile teacher with serious interests and interesting things to share with us.

You had anthropology in high school? So jealous. We had a class called 'sociology' but it was a 'contemporary social topics' class taught by a belligerent little bully of a man. I didn't get to take my first legitimate anthropology class until college, and it ended up being my major after I left the theatre department.

@geist171 Yes and I think it was the brain child of one of my favorites - Ms. Magner.

Physics, easily. Though I had two absolutely brilliant English teachers who made those classes pretty amazing as well.

Physics. I was in love with Newtonian and Einsteinian physics. And math too.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:135106
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.