Agnostic.com

17 2

What does the "H" stand for, as in Jesus H. Christ?

Srwsteven 4 Jan 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My guess would be "holy shit".

I always thought his middle name started with an F.

dkp93 Level 8 Jan 9, 2018

Jesus Holy Christ !

Harriot

Harold or Howard, depending on who you talk to.
It comes from the Lords prayer,
our father who art in heaven,
Harold (Howard) be thy name.
A bit like Oz' fave old ballad,
Waltzing Matilda,
not many people know the name of the Jolly Swagman.

I like to think it was for Henry. My grandfather‘s name was Henry and he was a tough old bastard. So maybe Jesus was a tough old bastard, Jesus H Christ that sounds pretty tough to me. My grandfather couldn’t walk across water but if you pissed him off he sure as hell could run across it to catch your ass.

Wikipedia...

Here, a possible origin is the name "Harold"; which indeed is mentioned by Smith (1994:32) as the basis of a variant form, "Jesus Harold Christ". The "Harold" may arise from a common misinterpretation (often by children) of the phrase in the Lord's Prayer, "Our Father who art in heaven hallowed be thy name."

Betty Level 8 Jan 8, 2018

Jesus Harry Christ...

I always wondered that-my Dad used to say it all the time.

Hercules. If it's good enough for Elton John, it's good enough for JC.

Tittyfucking.

d_day Level 7 Jan 8, 2018

@zeliasgrand how is it sexist?

It was originally Jesus "Hellhound" Christ - his nickname when he was in a black metal band.

Jnei Level 8 Jan 8, 2018

\m/

Anything but Hector because that will be Ironic beyond my laughing.

I once had a rooster named Hector.

@Srwsteven I hope it served you well. I heard there was a famous dog in bestiality named hector that did bothered me.

The same thing the L in Samuel L Jackson stands for. Remember that Jesus is Mary's son and Jesus is god and god raped Mary, so Jesus is a M----- F-----. Let me hear it in your best Samuel L Jackson voice.....

Samuel L Jackson "Go the f to sleep" - it's on Youtube - hysterical!

Hallowed, because "Hallowed be thy name".

Hussein, That could have been the other guy that thought he was a god, some god hiding in a cesspool in Iraq desert.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13708
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.