Agnostic.com

18 4

Terran/world government

What do you think of a global parliamentary, democratic system based on an internationalist citizenry model? How would such a model exist?

Are you in favour? Thoughts?

EdmundCinister 5 July 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

18 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

it's bad enough that it's difficult to get accurate representation in a country as big as the united states. with a global government, it would be virtually impossible. the rich would run things and the poor would be left behind, just like now but on a massive scale.

g

A government is a geography specic agency allowed to apply deadly force.

I think we are a long way away fform a world government becoming a reality. The biggest obstacle i see in the way, is religion, and cultures based on religious dogma.

Somehow I have to disagree because all religions will love to be the only religion on earth and in charge... And will align with anything that guarantee that. Now money, Money, MONEY? Too many Assholes wants to own a lot of money and take advantage of the poor. That is were the big obstacle is... Greed.

@GipsyOfNewSpain i think you both have a good point but it’s the disparity in general that’s a real issue... a lot of African nations are still poor, there are many dictatorships that don’t want to join, some important countries such as Russia are democratic in name only. Languages are not necessarily a barrier, look at the EU. But a wide divergence of financial, social and religious attitudes are a problem.

@Denker We both know Africa should not had poor countries... Whitey got out of that continent the riches... even the USA was built in the shoulders and backs of slavery coming from where?. By age 14 I was a communist, but all I wanted was the Independence of Puerto Rico. Pardon me for saying if I am going to die anyways... I prefer to Starve to Death as a Puertorrican than to die in a mansion as an American... I was not raised about money... I was raised about people. I will go with one government world. Simon Bolivar biggest Pain was that South America should had been just 4 countries, Argentina, Venezuela, Gran Colombia and Brazil. Too many tribes, too many chiefs, too many greedy. I am not going to see it but One Government for all of us will happen may take 1000 years more, under one language. All cultures accepted, all wealth shared. Capitalism has to be erradicated. And maybe World Wars will receive a new name in Future History... The Capitalists Wars. Thank You my Friend.

I think it's unavoidable for many reasons and will happen either by necessity or by force. Civilization is about 6500 years old (give or take a few centuries) and within this time, many have tried to "conquer the world", the Romans, the Greek, The Nazis, etc. Some will try again considering the scarcity of resources as population increase.

We also have a few already global systems in place (Economics, Communications, etc), these systems will need to be anchored in a global system of laws and thus will need a global governing body eventually.

Now, I don't expect this to happen within our lifetime mind you, but definitely within the next 5000 years and probably less considering the rate of world population growth.

Never happen.

Marine Level 8 July 25, 2018

I find the thought interesting, but likely unworkable, due to human tribal instincts.

I'm holding out for Jacques Fresco's resource-based economy... Venus Project, anyone? Yeah, yeah, I know: "human nature" and all that. I believe with our big forebrains we are capable of change.

I'm not on the side of saying "We can't" and never trying...

Nice idea. It's a shame it would never work.
Human nature won't allow it.

Sounds like a similar approach used to determine where the Olympics or World Cup are held. Think I prefer the smaller, corrupt bodies, as opposed to a singular, globally corrupt body.

I would like a single currency. Good in theory but countries are so vastly different right now. I wonder about the migration shift too if they were open borders ?

antman Level 7 July 25, 2018

The US dollar is done by more debt than earnings.

A barter system is an old method of exchange. This system has been used for centuries and long before money was invented. People exchanged services and goods for other services and goods in return. BRICS are already in motion with the barter system exchanging between valued goods, gold, oil or acceptable currency backed by gold.

Seeing as how humans are and operate, I do not believe it would even be possible.

We can take a page from god... twice he made mankind and fucked it up... but we need to destroy it all and give it a new go with whatever little is left.

@GipsyOfNewSpain That is just a myth and WE are NOT god.

@jlynn37 But we got the power of destruction like the Myth.... and we already proved that left to our own devices we Fucked everything up... like in the Myth, so...

@GipsyOfNewSpain!
Got your finger on the "launch" button this morning?
😉

@bigpawbullets Nah, since I am in Vegas and is on the 100's with a magnifying glass of humongous proportions held by a baby trump balloon... can do the trick at the convenience of the wind... nukes will only benefit Africa and South America... whitey will be killing each other in North America, Europe, Asia.... UMMH... not a bad idea, we want to get rid of them anyways... Nucular it is then. As my buddy bush used to say... Nucular!!!

@GipsyOfNewSpain Racist much? You have just shown why my original response is valid.

@jlynn37 Well let's be honest... who we gonna blame? Who has the nuclear weapons... who has the money... who's been the slaver..... who we be blaming for everything that is wrong on earth? I make fun of racism as a comedian do but.... what color jesus is always portrait as? Seen images of god but unless is Yoruba or Santeria... always showing up white... You can't Fuck the World Up and be held accountable? This is the World White Dominance has Created. These are the results. You like the outcome said so... You think need to be demolish and rebuild said so. A little tweak here and there and will be perfect said so... Would you expect a different outcome with the same individuals around? You already gave up on how those in charge had operated as your initial response so clearly expressed. I just make it direct leaving innuendo behind. This has been your Mess as History, your History points out. Simply do not try to make it a Humanistic Mess.

@GipsyOfNewSpain I am not and will not blame anyone, I have just stated that; "Seeing as how humans are and operate, I do not believe it would even be possible". Nothing more nor implied.
That is the problem, we want to blame others when the problem is our own selves.

@jlynn37 Exactly, make your mess universal with ownership from everyone. I remember winning a class room debate in college once with the removal of 5 civilizations in history i could had made the perfect world... but was so far back and I don't want to get into what 5 needed to go. I was high for sure. I do remember the teacher did not gave me an A in the class because I was atheist. It was a catholic university okay? he was a priest. I simply do not see mankind yet were all races are in the same level, so as long a specific race is in charge of the world affairs... whatever happens in that world... I will held that race accountable. When we all in same level then I will se everything on Mankind terms and Humanistic terms... but not yet.

@GipsyOfNewSpain Your opinion is noted as is mine.
You do you, I do me and let's strive to do or cause no harm.

@jlynn37 But are we gonna fix it or not? Or there is nothing to fix?

@GipsyOfNewSpain Sending thoughts and prayers my friend.

@jlynn37 Yeah... the issue is dead and we can't do nothing about it. I meant a bullet on the right place will make a martyr of the most despicable individual on earth and despite the attraction, should be untouchable. And then again there is always Ides of March every year.

I never minded a good communist government benefiting mankind as a whole... Fuck the rich. As if the rich don't live saying Fuck the poor again.

Damn Gipsy!
Why so grumpy??
Quick! More Navy-strong coffee!!!

@bigpawbullets I had lived all my life saying Fuck the rich... and the rich always had said Fuck you poor! But now that you mentioned... I can use some coffee... let me call the maid.

Reading your replies on this thread...I new it! wave hermano Boricua ?

@Sirena Independentista mi pana... estamos donde quiera. Gusto de conocerte familia.

@GipsyOfNewSpain ni me lo tienes q decir! Una de las varias cosas q extraño es la habilidad de poder hablar con pasión sin las ramificaciones..Bueno como lo q acaba de discutir allá arriba ?

Mucho gusto!

@Sirena Yo me crie en una casa con PNP y un Independestista y ninguno trato de indoctrinarme... janguie con hippies, rockeros, salseros, lo que fuera incluyendo comunistas a los 14 anos... y a pesar de todo hice 20 anos en la Marina. Hay que hablar claro para ser claro. Lo que yo digo, no es que yo sea racista o anti gringo... pero a veces hay que decirles las cosas como son. Como el problema que tiene Puerto Rico no se invento en Puerto Rico y no comenzo con el Huracan. No me importa si crees en que sea estado 51 o si crees en la independencia. Estas bienvenida conmigo y te deseo lo mejor, yo visito Jacksonville siempre... tengo dos hijas alla.

@GipsyOfNewSpain te entiendo!! Me críe con PNP y popular. Nada indoctrinado tampoco. Comprendo el problema gringo o Blanco, por que los españoles definitivamente no fueron Santos! Estamos en acuerdo los problemas en PR no empezaron con Maria. Muchos saludos y me deja saber cuando visita. No conozco muchos puertorriqueños ateos ó agnosticos... tengo tres primos y ún hermano igualitos ?

@Sirena tienes que escuchar una cancion que escribi sobre el descubrimiento... la cruz o la espada... te envio el link en mensaje personal.

this sounds like a job for robot overlords

weeman Level 7 July 25, 2018

I don't think I'm awake enough for this... saving for later. I think my main thought is how would it affect cultures? Cultures are unique ... and..?

Sirena Level 7 July 25, 2018

"Cultures" are, and have always been, part of humanity's greatest problem.
Everyone wants their own. Definitely one reason the idea will never work.

@KKGator I'm not sure I'd use the word "problem", but it would create a challenge. Don't get me wrong I do like part of the idea behind "A Brave New World", such as the eradication of religion. But there is still lots that would come into play when making a unified nation. The idea sounds great.
Still need more ☕☕☕

(Great thread!)

@Sirena I most definitely meant "problem".

@KKGator I'm sure you did. I just wouldn't use that word myself. I love different cultures and respect them. Though I can't stand organized religion, I understand it's origin and even the need when it originated. I do think it's way overdue on the expiration date.

@Sirena Cultures aren't much different from religion. There's not much I respect about them either.

@KKGator I'll just have to agree to disagree. There isn't a huge old culture in the US, so I can understand the thought process.

@Sirena I meant ALL cultures. There is virtually nothing that passes for culture in the US. All over the world, there are cultures which are violent, discriminatory, misogynistic, bigoted, and encourage slavery. Sure, some have really "pretty" aspects to them, but, at their core, they're all no better than religion. They're ugly and purposeless.

The need for it is obvious, but there are many many many road blocks between here and there. Highest among them is, who unites the world and how do they do it? Since there is no potential answer for that one, this isn't even "pipe dream" status.

Nowhere close to this.

Very much needed.

[en.m.wikipedia.org]

Etre Level 7 July 25, 2018

Now, what?

Hermit Level 7 July 25, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:139223
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.