Agnostic.com

10 0

How long is a stare before its uncomfortable?

Scenario: Theres a great looking person in the office complex that smells great and sounds great and wears the perfect clothing.
Question: How long do you get to view and admire
this person. (STARE AT) this person at one moment?

• 13 votes
  • 6 votes
BucketlistBob 8 Jan 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

3 seconds

That's pushing it... 2 to 2.5 seconds is plenty enough time to gather thoughts and focus. 3 seconds is ok. Like I said .. that's pushing it.

Bucketlistbob Check out [iflscience.com] the ideal time is 3.3 seconds.

Most of the time they are just trying to read my T-shirt.

depends on who is staring and why.

The answer is very possibly three seconds - [sciencemag.org]

Jnei Level 8 Jan 9, 2018

The fact that you've been close enough to her to acknowledge how she smells is a little disturbing. As far as I'm concerned, staring at her is completely unacceptable. Walk up to her, introduce yourself and have an intelligent conversation. Then you'll be able to tell if the door to a date is open or not. These are old fashion values, to be sure. But it's time to bring them back again. If you really want to know how long your gaze should linger on a women, the answer is not at all. Be a man, introduce yourself!

Old fashion values should never have gone out of fashion. Respect, consideration and plain old common courtesy should be the norm.

You can walk past a person and smell their perfume or cologne. You don't have to get close. The answer for staring is no more than 2 seconds. The poll answers were wrong to see if anybody could catch it. Old fashion values? Look up old fashion values. Who do they refer too? Be a man??? I am a man. A married man asking hypothetical questions. Before you go jabbing someone. Take another look in here.

I thought you were asking for opinions? I wrote my opinion about the question you posed. I took the question as hypothetical so I'm a little surprised you would take it so personally. BTW - looking at someone for 2 seconds is not staring!

Idc about people's looks. Looks will fade.

When you have enough time to envision taking them to dinner, a movie, cocktail...loud pirate noises after ripping off clothes as you and the partner scream with mutual abandon...and making them an omelette in the morning? Yeah. I'd say that was staring long enough.

Yep, that's a real, meaningful relationship! How fast can we get in the sack and how good the omelet is in the morning! Good job!

@stomato

👍

I make good omelettes. But I was making a point. Just because I am looking does not mean I am fornicating.

The stare or glance is a problem if it is noticeable by the person you're staring at or another person.

Co-worker? Have lunch with her, that way you can really stare without needing to be ask to take a picture.

Bobster you sure are asking a lot of questions about workplace issues. Are you planning on a new career?

Lol..

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13972
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.