Agnostic.com

20 3

I just became aware of a brilliant experiment that some 4chan users did one time. They put up a bunch of signs which read 'it's okay to be white' and the idea was that there is arguably nothing controversial with the statement. Because presumably there is nothing wrong with any skin color including white. So for anyone to look at the statement and to make it out as being racist would look foolish. The 4chan users banked on the idea that there would be an overreaction and they ended up being proven right. People were having them taken down and calling it a hate crime. Meanwhile 4chan had the last laugh in all of it because folks did exactly as they expected to. This is perhaps the best demonstration of sjw stupidity I have ever seen!

MrControversy 7 Jan 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

20 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I see nothing controversial about what 4chan did at all. It was meant to demonstrate that people would take a statement that, by its very nature, wasn't controversial at all and make it out into something racist. And they did exactly that. Sorry but 4chan had the last laugh on this one. If you think this was racist, you're an idiot. This is EXACTLY what SJWs are about.

White guilt?

I had to google "SJW." Is that an ironic pejorative?

I demand less tourists cost for whites traveling in non-white predominate countries.

I demand to tell non-white jokes.

Gee, now I feel OK.

Still want to kick my white leaders and forefather white ass.

Both sides are full of easily triggered pussies. Put out a sign that says it's ok to be atheist, secular, for men's rights, father's rights, anti gun and SOME segment of our population will have a shit fit.

True

Brilliant! Next time how about "Its ok to be human" Would theist or animal rights activists get upset? This is exactly why the American Atheists ad campaigns are so successful. They put up a simple sign and people go nuts. The strategy is simple. When they do make a big deal about it, the media swoops in and conversions begin.

1: "I just became aware of a brilliant experiment ..." suggests that there is a thing (a website, a forum conversation, etc.) that describes the proposition and conclusion of this experiment. Do you have a link? If its a physical "paper" or a text conversation, do you have photos of it. Or is this a "story" you (or your circle of friends/contacts) made up from the disparate threads of what you described?

2: "This is perhaps the best demonstration of sjw stupidity ... " suggests that SJWs were those who complained. How did they conclude that they were SJWs? Was it a form with a check box that asks "Are you a SJW?". Or is this something you (or your circle of friends/contacts) concluded yourself (or yourselves)?

3: How is opposition towards the message stupidity and agreement with (taking into account the context of the message - I.e. not the words themselves, but the meaning behind the message) brilliant?

EDIT: After reading your profile...Bravo! Hahaha! That was a good prank / troll / bait! You certainly got a lot of comments out of this.

People these days will do anything to hate white people. Ironic since the same people cap them "racist", fucking idiots...

You're absolutely right.

It's called "dog whistling". Devoid of context, the statement appears fine. Placed into a context where various snowflakes are demanding the continuation of some unearned privilege on the grounds that they're a superior race it becomes inflammatory. Either the experiment was to prove the already established effectiveness of the dog whistle (ho hum) or to prove the naivety and general lack of self-awareness prevalent in too many 4chan users. Either way it was a success on these counts. However it does nothing more than restate the bleeding obvious.

I don't understand what was brilliant about it.

So what was the object of the brilliant experiment... "stupidity detector"? Because you claim the result was a "stupidity demonstration". Is this what social research is doing in the 21st century? And call it Science? Do stupidity entertain you much?

I'm not sure "brilliant" and "4Chan" belong in the same sentence, at least based on what I've heard/read about them.

dkp93 Level 8 Jan 10, 2018

The problem that it plays into the "whites are under attack" or "whites are discriminated against" tropes ... which are very racist expressions of distressed privilege. So it wasn't a neutral statement, it was a deliberately questionable statement at best. It's like claiming "All lives matter" is neutral.

The problem when you get past the skin is hoping someone would notice the content of your character. MLK said something like that in a speech...I hear. Social Justice warriors are Eloi. I am a card-carrying Morlock.

Sorry smacks of white supremisist to me. It promotes hate and I think others will agree it was racist.

exactly.

actually, the implication is that there is a persecution to being white. If you have to say 'it's okay to..." it implies that there is a 'it's not okay to...' So I would say their intent was a failure at the base level. An example would be 'it's okay to be straight'. No one says that. Why? Because it is considered socially standard behavior by the majority. But 'it's okay to be gay' has to be said with regularity because it is socially persecuted.

Nothing wrong about being a Social Justice Warrior; but people that would complain about that are not SJW's - they are just looking to be offended by something.

Hmmm... I don't know man. Try another one and let's take a look at it.

White is okay but ginger?? lol

I like gingers. Hubba Hubba, 😉

yes, its stupid. it's not only alright to be white but what can I do about it if it isn't? like I had a choice.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:14204
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.