Agnostic.com

8 16

A New York rabbi boards a plane bound for Jerusalem, where he's due to attend a large multifaith conference with other religious figures from around the world. On the way, the plane lands at Dublin in Ireland, where more passengers board. One of them is a Catholic priest, who is seated next to the rabbi.

Before long, they start discussing their beliefs. "Tell me," says the priest, "is it still a requirement of your religion that you do not eat pork?"

"It is indeed," the rabbi replies. "Even after all these thousands of years, my people do not eat pork."

"Ah, but did you ever get curious? Did you ever try just a little bit, just to see how it tastes?"

"Well," says the rabbi. "We are both men of God, so I'll be honest - yes. Once, when I was still studying at yeshivah, I sneaked out one night and went to a cafe, where I tasted pork."

The two men are silent for a little while, then the rabbi turns to the priest and says, "So tell me - is it still a requirement of your religion that you remain celibate?"

"It is, yes," says the priest.

"And did you ever get tempted? Did you ever become so curious you had to know what it's like?" the rabbi continues.

"Oh no - my faith in the Lord has always been unshakable," the priest says. "I have remained true to my vows, and have been celibate my entire life. But yes, I am also a human - so I have indeed wondered what it must be like."

"Well, it beats the hell out of a bacon sandwich," says the rabbi.

Jnei 8 Jan 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What's the difference between a Catholic priest and a Rabbi.... Priests don't fuck.
Lenny Bruce

very good lol

Cute. Sex vs blt-sex always wins out. My family never kep tkosher, always ate bacon and shellfish.

We tended to pick and choose - we ate prawns but never pork!

Pork is only kosher when its in Chinese food

I don't know. Bacon sandwiches are pretty good.

Wow, that is so sad.

You've either had some remarkable bacon sandwiches or some very disappointing sex!

A priest, a minister and a rabbi were disusing when life begins. The priest say "at conception" the minister "at or sometime before birth" and the rabbi says "Your both wrong. Life begins when the last kid goes off to collage and the dog dies".

LOL

So a bishop, a mullah and a rabbi walk into a bar. The bartender looks over and says "What is this? Some kinda joke?"

Good one. 😀

Betty Level 8 Jan 11, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:14274
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.