Agnostic.com

29 4

Musical attraction

What member of "the band"/instrument has always been the one that attracted you the most? Why?

Example: I have always had a weakness for guitar players. A really good guitar solo melts me every time.

Crimson67 8 July 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

29 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I love a good bass. Kind of ironic since I play ukulele.

I always thought the guy playing the triangle solo in that geico commercial was pretty cool

Buddha Level 8 July 31, 2018

The Bass player! My weakness!

@Phillydrl yes they are! My crushes are Steve Harris of Iron Maiden and Roger Waters of Pink Floyd

@Phillydrl yes! Love the Bass on those songs!

A violinist. The way she sways, the passionate microexpressions of her face, the duality of beautiful sound and silence with gentleness and forceful intent as her fingers dance across the neck of the violin and her other arm intently directs the bow....

I married a pianist (I play, too, but he is a musical genius and I am certainly not). But I am a sucker for the string bass. I want my son to learn - then he can play in jazz trios with his dad. Not that I would be allowed to go, lol.

Hihi Level 6 July 30, 2018

Bass. Less flash & elbow grease, but just as essential to the groove.

Guitar, I have always loved the sight of a hot woman playing the guitar.

French horn, English horn, Violin, Harp.

Why? Those instruments, some of the most difficult to play, if played by a master, can produce highly emotional sounds that can bring me to a different plane.

Being primarily a guitarist I am partial to and closely study guitar leads. But as a multi instrumentalist I appreciate virtuosity on any instrument.

The Viola de Gamba is one of the most Soulful intstruments I have experienced. The Cello unprepared suites Bach... Vivaldi Strings... hmm very very hard to answer. I find the solo piano, think Sonata, to be the most expressive and tonal instrument. The Guitar is almost equal, but generally needs effects. It is truly about dynamics and the spirit of the composer.

Etre Level 7 July 30, 2018

Bass player.
A woman bass player who also rides bicycles... I would be helpless.

I've been a guitar player most of my life, been a ton of bands over the years.
I've been fairly diverse in what i've played over the years. Rock, Metal, Jazz, Classical.
But for a long time now I've been writing and recording Spanish guitar. something about it makes me feel good to play and hear it. I have a few friends that play as well and we get together every so often, drink some wine, and play some great music. It's a great time for me.

But to answer the question, i would have to say other guitar players.
I love to get inspiration from other guitarists.

Here's one of mine.

Talent is an intoxicant. The man I fell the hardest for played guitar, mandolin and fiddle, painted and we even co-wrote songs together. The lure of talent is so wordless and intoxicating. And music? Who isn't enchanted by the "right" song? I have a weakness for guitars and guitarists, too.

When I was younger, I always imagined myself to be the organist, but this isn't as typical in a band as it used to be.

godef Level 7 July 30, 2018

I like drums ( not the drummer !! ). Only exception, few weeks ago on a Friday night at one of the local bars at my side of town. Great band, it kinda looked like a family. The drummer was this super cute blonde that knew not only how to beat the crap out of those drums but to put on a great show, hair flying all over the place. Just fantastic !!! Anyway, everytime I get to see live music, drums is always the cherry on the cake.

violins the mournful quality they can add

weeman Level 7 July 30, 2018

Love that sax!

Back in high school I used to lust after a saxophone player who played in his stocking feet and would wrap his feet around the instrument as he played. Don't understand now what that seemed so sexy.

@Stephanie99 I love your story!

I'm all about the drummer. A teenaged celebrity crush on Eric Carr that never really went away. They always look like they're having a great time.

GwenC Level 7 July 30, 2018

Saxophone , every time. And keith Richard

Always the drummer. I appreciate all the other stuff going on but a drummer on the edge driving the whole thing is something to behold. Classic example would be Keith Moon 🙂

Vocals ???

Violin,piano as their sounds can be so unique and versatile.

Marine Level 8 July 31, 2018

A lass who plays electronic guitar like a wizard...I’m defenceless against. I’ve always had a fondness for rock operas and there’s something woeful yet inspiring about a great guitar riff. Something like a sexy battle hymn.

@FrankD My word...thank you very much for that education, good sir.

Electric guitar because I get intense goosebumps from the sounds of those cords.

All except the accordion player... I can't stand that instrument.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:143763
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.