Agnostic.com

16 0

Can anybody on here get my most obscure joke?

A couple of years ago I did a job for this Asian lady (erecting flatpacks). She had a newborn baby and I asked her what she did for a living? Expecting to hear that she was a stay a home mum, imagine my surprise when she told me she was a theoretical physicist. She had not long moved to Liverpool to take up a teaching post at the university. It took a while but I came up with this. "Well now you have moved here you will have to make decision". What`s that" she relied. "Well whether or not your an Everettonion?"

273kelvin 8 Jan 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sensitivity sex jokes fail here

The Kelvin temperature scale have anything to do with your name or humour ?

Kelvin is my name I was named after Lord Kelvin the same as the scale. Someone has to balance out all those saints names

@273kelvin born in 1957 what is 273 all about ?

@273kelvin b thing c notes on a 7 scale ?

@GreenAtheist 273Kelvin is the freezing point of water aka iceman

@GreenAtheist b thing c notes on a 7 scale ?

??

@273kelvin Val Kilmer F-14 pilot handle ICEMAN STUDENT TopGun US Navy Fighter Weapons School my base NAS MIRAMAR fake movie

I thought the joke had something to do with food...

Damn I would have gotten it except I think auto correct got you, it reads Everettonion not Evertonion. Only joking, I know nothing about sport.

Lol

I don't get why she'd have to make that decision. But putting that aside, I'm more put-off by your use of "imagine my surprise." What was surprising? That she was a theoretical physicist? A working mother?

Two soccer teams in my city Liverpool and Everton. One is either a red or a blue ie. a Liverpudlian or an Evertonion. As for my surprise, well I do a lot of work in the Asian community (Indian subcontinent) and they tend to be quite traditional. Also theoretical physicists are not someone one runs into every day.

@273kelvin Thanks for the explanation.

Two schools of thought in theoretical physics parallel universes (Hugh Everett) or not. Joke explained loses (if it ever had any) all humor.

@273kelvin sexism sort of spoils the joke delivery. ....I often make coy references during on the job chatting with a customer. ....I don't do it out of surprise but out of habit when I observe books art or hear casual references to notables of any field.....Sagan IS notable to Atheists and Astrophysicists commonly but Everton is not one of my SAGES punny

@GreenAtheist I was not aware of any sexism but perhaps I should have used the word delight rather than surprise

@273kelvin yes affirmation of a professional woman is a delight not a surprise. ...jokes have the element of surprise women in careers is no joke

@GreenAtheist A man gets a hernia on holiday in Thailand. A pretty nurse is shaving his genitals and says "dont worry its quite usual to get an erection during this procedure". "I don`t have an erection" he replies. To which the nurse says "yes but I do".

@GreenAtheist More seriously I would have made the same joke irrespective of gender. More over I think the inclusion of the ladies ethnicity and gender as a celebration of and publication of her career, rather than denigration of it. I have two daughters and want only for them to climb as high as they wish to.

@273kelvin is this supposed to warm homophobic crotches to male nurses in drag. ?

Don't get it-UK humor?

Yeah, English football and Hugh Everette III, American physicist! Not very funny!

You try making a joke about theoretical physics

That's completely my point. I wouldn't. Why ... because it's not funny. Now elephant jokes ... they're funny! Haha!

Q: How can you tell if an elephant is in the refrigerator?
A: The door won’t shut.

Q: How can you tell if an elephant has been in the refrigerator earlier?
A: Footprints in the butter.

Q: How do you get an elephant into the fridge in the first place?
A: Open door; Insert elephant; Close door.

Q: How do you get a giraffe into the fridge?
A: Open door; Remove elephant; Insert giraffe; Close door
Q: How do you stop a charging elephant?
A: Take away his credit card.

Q: What did Tarzan say when the elephants charged?
A: “Look out, here come the elephants!”

Q: What did Tarzan say when he saw a herd of elephants in the distance?
A: “Look, a herd of elephants in the distance!”

Q: What did Tarzan say when he saw a herd of elephants with sunglasses?
A: Nothing. He didn’t recognize them.

For starters!

@stomato how do you hide an elephant ina cherry tree?? Paint their toenails red!

@273kelvin a photon is getting a room at a hotel. The concierge asks if the photon needs it's luggage checked. "No, thank you. I'm traveling light."

@GrantSmith When Oxygen met Magnesium and it was like OMg

@273kelvin and sodium was just like "Na"

@273kelvin you try making a joke about theoretical mathematics ....I would if you know Professor Herb Silverman

Q: What kind of shoes do frogs wear?
A: Open toad!

Yep I ger it . Cos I'm a Geldered ender..

You have a different definition of "joke" to me 😉

If you make a joke and nobody gets it. Is still a joke?

@MrLizard Laughing makes a joke legal and relevant. I can go for that validation.

@MrLizard Then you twist it on them... how often the stand up comedian complaint of his audience to be too slow or uneducated or not keeping up with what is current or too high to laugh or too drunk to process. That is one of the toughest jobs I know because depends on the audience and the audience sometimes not there to cooperate.

@MrLizard I will laugh to all your jokes if you laugh to all of mine. Joke telling is an artform.

@MrLizard I thought we have a deal.

@MrLizard See? The art of the deal.

@GipsyOfNewSpain TrumpOLINI Is not funny in his ART OF THE DEAL book or real life MUSSolini reINCARNATE

@GreenAtheist Like I said joke telling is an art but ALWAYS depends of the audience if you see trump in everything you hear. He won in his deal with you. You need to strip yourself of trump. He has Soured you.

@GipsyOfNewSpain wrong if ....... I have zero deals with TrumpOLINI ....some of my best friends are skilled comics not failures who blame honest people for bad material choices

@GipsyOfNewSpain not buying your sour shit

@GreenAtheist see? You are so sad and so much anger. Let the idiot go. You don't have to carry trump as your cross.

@GipsyOfNewSpain are you trying to piss me off about you ? Usually the xians say we Atheists "hate gawd" you keep ASSuME I hate TrumpOLINI when it is lie after lie I jolly well enjoy casting my wit over their low brows now yours

A pig fell in the mud. are you ROTFLAF yet? A couple were having lunch with an alien couple they discussed about doing partner swap for the evening. So the human female and alien hooked up and started to get busy having sex. The alie disrobed and started to get into it with he human female he was very tinny in the genital area she said what am I going to do with that he said pull my ear and it will get longer. So it got longer but was as thin as a pencil, she said this is still inadequate the alien male said hit me upside the head and it will become thick. So the human female had awesome sex for hours. The next day at breakfast the human wife said to her how was you night. The humane male said terrible she kept pulling my ear and hitting me upside the head all night.

Had edit and repost my edit button is not functioning.

Funny except swapping in separate rooms sucks

Don't think many are English enough to get this?!

Don't think many are English enough to get this?!

A touch like MU cs MN, Liverpool, football wise are the shit version of Everton of the same coverage.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:14662
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.