Agnostic.com

130 28

What’s the origin of your Agnostic.com name?

My name, bleurowz, is the name for my design/creative work. I love a blue rose, and so I took the words and put them together in a different way, and I’ve also created the below logo for myself.

But there’s more to this story. Sometime after a friend had asked me if I’d gotten the name from The Glass Menagerie -- I had to look it up, and this is what I found: “Jim calls Laura ‘Blue Roses,’ a mispronunciation of ‘pleurosis,’ the childhood disease that left Laura crippled. The name ‘Blue Roses’ turns Laura’s defect into an asset: her unusual qualities are seen as special rather than debilitating.”

I can’t make this stuff up.

bleurowz 8 Aug 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

130 comments (126 - 130)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Nickname since elementary school

It's the acronym for the color of my car..
Daytona Sunset Orange Metallic.

DSOM Level 3 Aug 7, 2018

Im a lover of science and my middle name is William so i used Bill for short, so there you have it lols

It's my actual name.

Interesting and different post. Aside from being my nickname friends used to call me back in high school due to my love of punk rock styles, Spike can be a slang word for bullet, as a bullet pierces similar to a spike. Talon is a reference to birds of prey, which I am fond of, and some would consider an eagle to be a symbol of swiftness and justice, aside from being connected to American symbolism. So to me my pseudonym loosely translated means the bullet of justice.

Over the years while online I've gone by a few other pseudonyms of similar variation, like my adult entertainer name Jaxx Talon, but Spike Talon is my favorite and the nickname Spike seems to have stuck over the years.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:146652
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.