Agnostic.com

54 5

How many agnostics, atheists are out there who actually want to date another agnostic/atheist?

JavierCdotNET 4 Oct 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

54 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I would definitely consider dating an agnostic/ atheist as long as they were not intolerant of other belief sets.
I would also consider dating a believer, but that would be more difficult. They would have to be the type of believer that chooses to believe that their way is not the only valid belief.
I don't want to be "saved" but if they can get past some idea that I need to be with them in an afterlife only believers can enter we might be able to work it out.

Me 1000% yes. She needs love all the sciences, critical thinking and sports also hahah

I will only consider dating a Agnostic or Atheist lady.
Spiritual / not religious won't work.
"I'll tell you later" won't work either.
Have learned to be a little 'picky.'

I am not one to seek dates, but will say, if I was to connect, I cannot fathom it being with anyone who is religious. I would certainly be most drawn to a nonreligious sort.

Zster Level 8 Oct 15, 2017

Being from and living in the deep South my entire life, it's hard to find other agnostic/atheist out there. It's almost like being a modern day witch or something.

I'm in the South, too. I know exactly what you mean. There is a real fear of persecution. I find myself biting my tongue and grudgingly and quietly going along.

Religious affiliation (or lack thereof) is one of the first things I look at when checking out the profile of a guy I might like to date. Tried dating a church-going Christian earlier this year, but it just didn't work. I was honest with him about it, and he didn't understand. He said, "I didn't try to force it down your throat." He didn't understand that it's about how I approach life, not just whether or not I choose to subscribe to a particular set of beliefs. I feel you, daddy4pugs. Nice to see another gay man on here, although far from me. Would be interested in chatting with you though if you'd like.

I agree with what several others have stated, once there more people here the dating options will kick in.
I don't think anyone else here even lives anywhere near me, but that could change.
Who knows?

I think right now it is a community, but if the number of people grows above a certain number, it can function as a dating site. Right now I can't find a single woman close my age within 100 miles, but I'm enjoying the discussions.

BD66 Level 8 Oct 14, 2017

Be as open as possible and you find more than you would have imagined

Jake Level 1 Oct 14, 2017

Religion doesn’t particularly matter to me. As long as my partner isn’t trying to convert me or drag me along to church. But most people I know already know my particular stance on religion. I’d prefer it if they were already agnostic or atheistic, but I don’t put a high priority on it.

It’s not that I want to date an atheist, but that I do not and will not date a theist. I also don’t want to date a self-proclaimed “agnostic”, as they have not completed the thinking process as to the usage of the terms agnostic and atheist.

I couldn't give a monkeys if a future date is atheist or otherwise but she ain't dragging my arse to church 🙂

Why would I not?

I cannot tolerate religious idiocy, how would I get past that to form a meaningful relationship?

I could date a flat earther before a zealot.

It's gotta be full blown atheists for me. None of this agnostic pussyfooting around.

ok j/k

But seriously, I'm not keen on dating evangelicals or free will baptists. Rationality, on the other hand, is an instant turn on. 😎

Basically, I will not date, nor partner with anyone who believes in a god or the supernatural. Been there, done that: not worth it. I see others here are far more eloquent than I feel like being on this question.

There's no way I could date anyone who takes any religion seriously.

Although I would prefer to date another atheist, for the past 7 years, I have been dating a Mormon (I don't think he is really a "good" Mormon though). We have the same disability, we are both senior citizens, we never discuss religion and we have a lot of fun.

It depends how religious they are. Most christians in America don't practice; they just go along with what their family believes.

Marz Level 7 Dec 23, 2017

Me! Anyone out there from raleigh/Durham area nc ...........sound of crickets

This site was set up for possibly doing just that. The community of folks on here has grown a lot and keeps going in that direction. It would be nice but it's tough when you are out in a smaller rural area and not in the main stream city limits where you can meet up.

I† would be a big deal for me just coming off Plenty of Fish website. I was on there because it was free. I wasn't a fan that people couldn't read a profile where I put both my non-beliefs & political leanings in the open & †hey'd still ask me the same stupid questions. Basically stating on that si†e that there are no Gods & I consider myself a Independent, Humanist, Progressive & Liberal person.
Since a youngster after reading †he Gøod Boøk, I'd always state "Godless ßless" or "Goddess ßless", both these phrases would tweek my Catholic city of St Cloud friends out, being I was Indoctrinated during my upbringing & St Cloud is a veryVeryvery Catholic †own.
Godless ßless.

Ha! I get it. When people sneeze I always say "I bless you". Because it means just as much.

I was on OK Cupid and had to get outta there for the same reason...too much of my time wasted with people who didn't bother to read my profile and are extolling their virtues as a godfearing man to me in their letter. I mean REALLY. Lol

I don't know that I'm even interested in dating. I keep telling myself that I'm open to it, but I don't really feel it. [shrug] But I can say with certainty that I wouldn't want to date anyone religious. The worldviews are just too different, I can't imagine our values would coincide.

And I am impressed with the behavior on this site, much more likeable all over...

I used to think it would be best to date someone who differs in opinion, more opportunity to learn. But as I get older, I don't see it being worth the hassle.

I'm seriously avoiding falling for a religious.
Esp when a think of how she's gonna slow me down and weaken my psyche.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:1483
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.