Agnostic.com

17 6

Am I the only one that falls in love too easily?

Here's a brief history of my life. "Hi! You seem unstable. Wanna get married?"

Duke 8 Jan 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Love is love

Interesting that most of the replies have been off guys (the ones who are deemed commitaphobes) . I too fall too easily. You might like this song I wrote about it.

I look at these old hands
as theyre playing my guitar
Its hard to tell the difference
between the callouses and scars
they say that women come from Venus
Men they are from mars
Now that`s something like the difference
between callouses and scars

Can you get up from the canvas
When you`ve taken all those all those blows
And though you cannot see it yet
his eyes are nearly halfway closed
You might think that hes running scared
When hes still behind steel bars
And tell me can you tell the difference

We all have our scare tissue
and it shouldnt be an issue
but theyre real
and Its no good you complaining
cos hes no use at explaining
how he feels

You ask him what he wants from life
and he just gives you that look
Like your some kind a of hustler
And he knows hes just been took
But cannot plot course
If you don`t know where you are
Sometimes its hard to tell the difference

Now you might think that I have taken
this analogy too far
But you are looking right up close
Whilst I gaze from afar
and I see there with an open heart
when his is just ajar
and honey that`s the differences
twixt callouses and scars

I look at these old hands
as theyre playing my guitar
And even I can't tell the difference
between the callouses and scars
they say that women come from Venus
Men they are from mars
Now that`s something like the difference

@273kelvinNice! Thanks for sharing that!

You aren't the only one. I used to go for borderlines. That was painful and expensive. I think I have learned not to do that anymore. Fingers crossed. 🙂

Lol, nope. You aren't alone, but hopefully you can learn

No, I do it easily, even when being careful. By the time I get all my learned boundaries up, I may have to Jenga some of them out. This for me is not dictated by a set timeline. I completely believe in love at first site. And what’s wrong with the first date jitters every week 🙂

You know the guy that will spend 5-10 years with a girl and never even hint at the possibility of proposing? Yeah, I'm like the exact opposite. I have talked seriously about marriage and kids on the first date before. Ehh I just wish I was married already. I want a wife, a couple kids, one or two dogs and a couple cats. I hate dating and just want to meet someone that wants the same things that I do and wants it fairly soon. Doesn't mean that she'll be walking down the aisle next weekend but at least sooner rather than later.

Sethy Level 4 Jan 15, 2018

No.

Nope ~

Varn Level 8 Jan 13, 2018

I'm absolutely certain you're not the only one !

Hahahahahahahahaha man you need to get out more....

Define "easily". I was accused of falling in love and once both sides are in agreement to drop the whole and thing and leave. I been told "emotionally unavailable" also "unattached, adorable dirty bastard", "falling in love for the sake of falling in love with nothing behind" and many other things and coming back to your dilema... falling in love is half of the issue... important is, who you fall in love with? and why it doesn't last? why the marriage thing? I reckon I got married because I wanted all my children from the same mother and I wanted all my children from one marriage. Victory in my case. What was your motivation for marriage?

@GypsyOfNewSpain As I got older, I realized that I did it because I felt it was expected of me. That's what you do. You grow up, get a career, get married, have kids, etc. Took me a while to figure that out.

@Duke So now that you are free to do what you want to do... Go for it and wish you the best of luck. No longer expectations man... you are your man in the mirror and no more playing the functional society member game. This is your time.

@GipsyOfNewSpain Yup! That's what I have learned! In the last 5 years since my divorce, I've learned to not just be okay with myself but, to love who I am. I've traveled more, spent more time with family and friends, beat depression and, finally bought a house. I'm happier and healthier than I have been in decades.

@Duke There you go and you did it without a wife. Welcome to the club. Love who you are and then and only then love the one that loves you for who you are.

Lol.... if it wasn't so funny, it would be sad. OR should that be the other way around?

No, you are not alone. I'm sure there are a lot of us out there. IMO it's because we are open and ready for love. So we see love when it isn't really there.

I don't know if you are the only one, but I certainly do not. It has only ever happened once. for me, and there were probably reasons. It was certainly a lot of lust, but care and compassion, mutual interests. We split 18 years ago, live in different states and still talk almost daily. I do have problems with emotions, they are very much under control, I also do not experience anger very often.

Nope; me too.

Jnei Level 8 Jan 13, 2018

Ha ha. Are you sure that you are falling in love, or if you are only infatuated with them?

When I meet someone and begin to analyze my feelings, remain aware of how hormones work and their function in bonding and try to separate what my hormones are doing from what I am learning about and experiencing with the person.

Donna Level 6 Jan 13, 2018

Oh no. @Duke you are not the only one. I used to move someone into my house within 2 weeks. Purposely I filled up my house and now have no room for anyone else. Besides they pay rent. LOL.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:14880
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.