Agnostic.com

38 7

Are they waiting for an attack?

Do you ever feel like coworkers are constantly itching to defend their faith against you, even though you never bring it up, and there are 20 of them and only one of you?

PaigeM 6 Aug 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

38 comments (26 - 38)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No one in their right mind wants to set off the fuzzy gimp with a penchant for Heavy Metal.

Only look at them and pay attention to them when they are speaking on neutral subjects, being friendly and kind.

The moment they bring up religion, let your attention wander, look bored while mumbling "Um, hum-that's nice," look at your watch and go somewhere else.

If you are consistent, never giving them any attention except when they are behaving, they are quickly trained to avoid talking about religion.

I think you should play a gag on them. Rig a hidden speaker in the office. Then during the working day, stand up as if in a daze walk to the centre of the office, drop to your knees and start praying out loud, and ask god to answer. That's when your co conspiritor talks via the speaker with an altered voice, speaking as God. Set up a hidden camera to catch the reaction. Show them whose Boss. 😉

No....I am now retired so don't have this problem. I never found any of my fellow workers like that, they all had affiliations with one religious denomination or another and this being Northern Ireland it was split between catholics and protestants . They were more concerned about the differences between themselves and left me alone....I was like neutral territory to them as I was neither one or the other!

Yeah used tow ork in a olace like that tehyw ould bring up religion constantly then when i gave them facts or debunked what they said they got pissy about it , ebpven to the point the manager told me to back off

Nobody talks about religion in my workplace.

Ditto

I live and work on a christian/Republican environment. I told myself that I won't discuss religion, politics and sports.
It is hard sometimes, especially when they pray before a group meal or praise supernatural for ordinary things.

They will defend any false-flag attack used to divert our attention. we are in deep poo.

It's not a fair fight..20 Christians against 1 Athiest.
I would tell them to go find another 20..and tell the 40 of them they are not living the dream..they living in a fairytale..?

All my co-workers are athiest or non-religious.

Do you work for agnostic.com?

Lucky you!

Never

All day, every day.

Nope... is just your Paranoia acting up. But they sure enjoy you as a Pet.

@PaigeM Be a Sadist then and do not call them coworkers, you misrepresented your position/status but sure it was for our benefit.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:154984
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.