Agnostic.com

17 0

Did you have a favorite toy when you were young?

I recall having the "Six Million Dollar Man" action figure. Pretty sure I was a tomboy, though I totally had a crush on Lee Majors. I thought it was cool that you could peel back his skin on his forearm and remove a chip. Also you could look into the back of his head out through his eye and see everything magnified. I liked the Sunshine Family dollhouse, the Holiday Inn hotel, and the Fisher Price Family House. Later I enjoyed a game (if you know the name let me know) where you could look through a viewfinder while manipulating and aiming a helicopter to drop "little pods" into a rotating base. Fun times.

**Apologies if this is a repeat post....

MyLiege 7 Jan 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The Justice League fortress they sold in the 80s as well as the Superman toy with removable cape.

T23GM Level 4 May 8, 2018

I had a stick. I could use it as a gun, a sword, or a stick. A most versatile toy.

I had a pedal go-kart, which I absolutely adored. I rode it until I wore all the way through the plastic wheels, and they began to fall apart.

It was probably one of the reasons I was so late learning to ride a bicycle without stabilisers. The other being my parents' "You'll grow into it" attitude, insisting on buying me a bike where I could just touch the ground with my toes, while straddling the crossbar. The magic moment was borrowing a friend's much smaller bike, getting on it and just riding it.

AFX slot cars. My sister's boyfriend bought a track and set it up in her living room. He gave it to me after that weekend. I have such good memories of it that I've looked into getting one to play with my kids.

Ultra Magnus (Transformer)

Gohan Level 7 Jan 17, 2018

Breyer horses, 60's/70's era. I was not a doll lover.
I also loved weird shit, like super elastic bubble plastic & rubber snakes.

I have a tripod Gatlin Machine gun that spits white plastic bullets. One turn one bullet out. You couldn't get to me until I ran out of bullets. And then I will pick up the barrel and hit you with it. I also had a jet pilot helmet, pretty cool helmet. I did had a lot of cowboys and indians and soldiers. Great battles. Eventually I moved to build plastic models, airplanes, cars, tanks. But a notebook and a pencil and let me draw... that was my Best toy really.

My bike I guess

A Tree-Tots Treehouse. Matchbox cars. A stuffed chicken.

I had "outdoors" it was free and I couldn't break it. my father insisted I played with it wind rain or shine. I have a lot of fond memories, starting fires, putting out fires, climbing cliffs and landslides and hiking through woods. I didn't need anything else, like all kids I wanted more though.

Dav87 Level 6 Jan 16, 2018

Probably age 2 or so,,,a floppy stuffed dog. My mom washed it, it fell apart, they tried to give me a different one. The first time I learned you can trust No One!
(Do I sound bitter? I WANT MY DOG! Dammit!

Etch a Sketch.

I had this plastic doll with several outfits. One of them was a red raincoat and hat with yellow boots.

Other than a bike, I don't recall any other toys except for the ubiquitous barbie that every girl had because their mothers were resentful that they hadn't been invented earlier.

My mother played with those barbies more than I did and made an unholy amount of clothing for them

Weird....I was just thinking about this earlier today!

When I was 5 or so, I had a Mrs. Beasley doll (aging myself, no doubt!). She died in our house fire. In current day, my sister swears the doll was hers.

After that, I loved the toys at our neighbor's house -- Hot Wheels, Tonka trucks, etc.

After that, my favorite toys were Mastermind (some really really old hand-held computer game), Perfection and Simon.

I still LOVE board games -- Balderdash is my favorite. Scrabble, Rummikub, and Catch Phrase. My niece introduced me to a new one last month -- Ticket to Ride. I like it and would recommend it.

I had Transformers, match box cars and an electric train set, they were my favourite. Also a few Barbies. The electric train set was my pride and joy.

I have actually started following this 80s group on fb and they keep coming up with pictures of games that I completely forgot about, like Simon, The 3D pacman board game, Hungry hippos, Downfall, Mouse trap etc.

And never forget the Spirograph 🙂

Sacha Level 7 Jan 16, 2018

I loved Spirograph! And, I always wanted a really nice electric train set.

I had a large collection of matchbox that was my favorite. That and a garden that made a perfect racetrack for them 🙂

Very cool!!

I had a Beany (Beany and Cecil show) doll.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:15723
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.