Agnostic.com

52 6

Which do you like better, Star Wars or Star Trek? Why?

• 34 votes
  • 58 votes
CallMeDave 8 Aug 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

52 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I like Star Wars!

neither! i'm a whovian and a leaper!

g

Star Trek.

I keep dreaming of Trump and his cabinet in red shirts.

Btw, you have a serious Mark Hamill look going on! 🙂

Star Trek has various different story lines -- time travel, humor, prime directive, A.I., etc... Star Wars has one story line -- how to defeat the empire and its Death Star(s) and Planet -- with the same trick each time.

OOOh both good as each other for me loved them to bits

The humanity and morality of Trek, as others have noted. Wars, just millions of deaths each installment, death is taken so lightly, be they storm troopers or just everyone on a planet and now an entire solar system. Just so much trivialization of the one life everyone has. I can see how it adds to the younger generation taking life so lightly.

I love Star Trek because of the philosophical and sociopolitical aspects of the show. The moral quandaries they commonly find themselves in and how they get out of them are always interesting to see. Basically, every series of ST has plenty of moments that always leaves me thinking.

Over half of the comments are for Star Wars, but only half as many of the votes... Are you forgetting this is a poll and the correct only count if you actually vote? Or are the Trekkies just voting and not commenting?

Live long and prosper

I like the fact that Star Wars is an entirely new galaxy far away and long ago. Many of the best stories have a robust backdrop that is a character all in itself. Plus, the force and light sabers!

Trek has a deeper inventory and cool captains.

Like Star Trek...Looove...Star Wars.. ?

Its so hard to choose!

I loved, loved, loved the first set of three movies when I was a kid. Then Lucas produced the next batch of three, which frankly, were pretty movies with horrible dialog and stiff acting. I do like the newer models though. Star Trek, on the other hand, especially TNG and DS9 are, minus their first seasons, my comfort food.

What was worse?
JarJar Binks or that insufferable little brat?
Another child actor whose life after fame sadly turned to crap though. He has had numerous criminal charges.

@BufftonBeotch I don’t think Lucas’ directing did any of those actors any good, but Jar Jar was insufferable.

Wow surprised at the results.

Harrison Ford > Shatner.

I'm not surprised, at all.
Harrison Ford, any day, over Shatner.

Shatner is and ever will be a...tool.

I love Patrick Stewart in everything.

Harrison Ford was way better in the Indiana Jones movies imo

Where's the They're both awesome! Answer -__-

I love both. Classic Star Trek is watchable over and over. Star Wars is my childhood. Can't choose.

Oh absolutely. That opening theme song and the crawl away captions still hits me right in the feels.

Star trek goes to many ways.

OwlRN Level 4 Aug 23, 2018

Neither. Babylon 5.

Or maybe Farscape.

Farscape was pretty good. Different.

If you are talking about the original Star Trek it was absurd but the actors played those roles and said those ridiculous lines in those cheesy sets in such a way that all are still beloved today.
On edit -
Star Wars came out when I was around 12. It was perfect at that point. All of the first trilogy released was a bit of modern myth.

The other tales are not nearly as captivating IMHO.

I like both but I prefer Star Wars. However the Marvel universe movies are my favourites by far.

I like them both for different reasons. Star Trek makes me think. Star Wars lets me have fun.

Star Trek, especially The Next Generation. I heard someone describe the difference between Star Trek and Star Wars as "science fiction versus science fantasy." I kind of like that descriptive comparison.

Star Trek showed what humanity can be like if we all worked together for the common good.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:161514
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.