Agnostic.com

52 6

Which do you like better, Star Wars or Star Trek? Why?

• 34 votes
  • 58 votes
CallMeDave 8 Aug 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

52 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Ugh! Don't make me choose!

Again, Stargate is better than both.

Trek is more scientifically plausible.

Love them both equally! Can't pick a favorite, luck has it that I can have both!!!

Trek. Wanna live in that society.

I can appreciate both, but Star Trek gives us societal goals.

Neither right now. They've both jumped the shark.

But I prefer Star Trek in the grand scheme of things.

Star Trek showed what humanity can be like if we all worked together for the common good.

Star Trek, especially The Next Generation. I heard someone describe the difference between Star Trek and Star Wars as "science fiction versus science fantasy." I kind of like that descriptive comparison.

I like them both for different reasons. Star Trek makes me think. Star Wars lets me have fun.

I like both but I prefer Star Wars. However the Marvel universe movies are my favourites by far.

If you are talking about the original Star Trek it was absurd but the actors played those roles and said those ridiculous lines in those cheesy sets in such a way that all are still beloved today.
On edit -
Star Wars came out when I was around 12. It was perfect at that point. All of the first trilogy released was a bit of modern myth.

The other tales are not nearly as captivating IMHO.

Star trek goes to many ways.

OwlRN Level 4 Aug 23, 2018

Where's the They're both awesome! Answer -__-

Its so hard to choose!

Like Star Trek...Looove...Star Wars.. ?

Trek has a deeper inventory and cool captains.

I like the fact that Star Wars is an entirely new galaxy far away and long ago. Many of the best stories have a robust backdrop that is a character all in itself. Plus, the force and light sabers!

I love Star Trek because of the philosophical and sociopolitical aspects of the show. The moral quandaries they commonly find themselves in and how they get out of them are always interesting to see. Basically, every series of ST has plenty of moments that always leaves me thinking.

The humanity and morality of Trek, as others have noted. Wars, just millions of deaths each installment, death is taken so lightly, be they storm troopers or just everyone on a planet and now an entire solar system. Just so much trivialization of the one life everyone has. I can see how it adds to the younger generation taking life so lightly.

OOOh both good as each other for me loved them to bits

Star Trek has various different story lines -- time travel, humor, prime directive, A.I., etc... Star Wars has one story line -- how to defeat the empire and its Death Star(s) and Planet -- with the same trick each time.

Btw, you have a serious Mark Hamill look going on! 🙂

Star Trek.

I keep dreaming of Trump and his cabinet in red shirts.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:161514
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.