Agnostic.com

45 0

Do you find nudity in art unacceptable and why or why not?

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

45 comments (26 - 45)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I do not fine nudity unacceptable in any way. Nudity is the natural state of being.

every animal is nude

I find the human body to be unique powerful and beautiful and to be a great art subject.I do not find anything to be ashamed of or any reason to be banned as a subject of art.Further i find those who object to be very narrow minded. Many of the outstanding pieces of art haves nudes and I have seen a picture of god drawn as a nude. No big deal for me.

I find a lack of nudity in art unacceptable. ?

I really see nothing wrong with nudity in art. Art should represent humanity in every way: the happy, the sad, the good, the bad, etc. No part of human expression and experience should be excluded from art.

If you cannot find art in the human form then you are missing out.

the human body is something that religionists should find quite acceptable, not only in art but on the street, since they believe that it was made in god's image (well, maybe i am being religion-specific there). me? oh sure, it's an object of interest and can also express emotion. art deals with such things. art should not shy from that.

g

I find it necessary sometimes.

Deb57 Level 8 Aug 30, 2018

No Ive always been quite fond of the Chubby cowgirls in the old west saloons.

Nobody's Biz!!!

Since when is the naked body unacceptable except in a public forum? Perhaps on a billboard as some would object, but in an art setting there is no offence as those attending know that nudity is an art expression.

female nudity ftw.

No, we are born naked... what’s the big deal?

Couldn't give a toss

The better question would be: Why is Nudity in Art often accepted as something beautiful, but Nudity in real life is consider indecent???

No problem at all

The only thing about nudity in art is that I'm a sexual being. I enjoy consensual sex and views of the opposite sex that appeal to my tastes along those lines can sometimes cause stirrings.

That's my issue though, not the artist's. Asking an artist to change something based on my "stuff" is an abhorrent concept to me.

Nudity in all forms is fine.

Nudity in art is fine, it can make very important statements and is totally natural.

Better explaining could help. Do you mean all art? Art in certain places? Types of art? Does the art call for it?

Why so many qualifiers?

@KKGator That question is wide, it has no specifics.

@dlgipson Art is art. It is subjective. It's not really possible to answer.

Unlike some, I don't find the fig leaf underrated in art.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:165731
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.