Agnostic.com

65 7

How long should you go without sex before giving up?

#sex
Wyattpa 5 Aug 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

65 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

with or without a partner? and why would someone else's threshold impact your own threshold? only you know the answer to this question.

g

Until the day you die!

Well if you aren't getting any you have answered your own question. It's a strange question to ask and it lacks any substance or information from which to form an opinion. Maybe a better question might be "Why am I not getting any sex?"

Oooo, judgy! Meow!

@Livia - and? We ALL judge people everyday. You included. Indeed, you just did with your comment. If someone makes an observation, they should be willing to defend that view with someone else who may see it differently. I thought my comment was fairly innocuous. I could of said "This guy is fishing for fuck buddies" - because that is what I actually think. I genuinely don't care, it's not like I am on his interests list (sex is though) Good luck to him I say. So, there you have it 🙂 An honest opinion kinda forced out of me by your sarcasm.

@Heffster ok, I just found it rude to suggest it’s his fault he doesn’t get much sex, and he was being strange all in one comment. Now I know I was absolutely justified to comment that you were being...well, bitchy, to put a finer point on it. There are many reasons people are not meeting each other romantically or not having much or any sex. I didn’t see it as “fishing”, I saw it as lamenting. Not having sex can make people feel lonely or inadequate, (although it shouldn’t) and I don’t think people need to throw shades about it.

@Livia You don't like my attitude. That's okay, lot's don't 🙂 I'm like Marmite. You either like me or hate me. I don't lose sleep other either. Not so sure about Bitchy though? You will know when I am being bitchy 🙂

@Heffster You are growing on me...that’s how I got into marmite in the first place.

Go ahead and give up. Just say the hell with it. When women sense that you aren’t needy they’ll come running up in droves, wanting to drop their drawers. You’ll have an entirely different category of problem.

I wonder if that other well known Lothario Valentino ever said "drop their drawers' It has such a romantic ring about it. I'll try it next time I'm out and get back to you.

The only time I ever found random women seeming to be interested in having sex was when I was married. During periods when I wasn’t married, suddenly they all disappeared.

For some reason, I found this question really funny !

How do you mean "giving up" - like jumping off a bridge ? Cutting off your hands ? What ?

My instinctive answer will be "as long as it takes ..."

I was wondering the same thing.

Giving up? Like giving up and jerking off?

In a relationship or otherwise?

Giving up on what exactly?

There is no "should". It's something only each individual can decide for themselves.

About twenty years after death would seem reasonable.

If you pay attention, the best sex you will ever have is with yourself, IMO, because nobody cares like you!

Never. Always keep trying.

I will infer you don't use self gratification (masterbation) as a mental and hormonal balancer and associate both sexual desire and emotional intimacy as one and the same?

How unfortunate for you.

I can admit that I have not had a consistent physical sexual partner for over years now. But that is not to say that I lack physical or emotional intimacy nor a positive sexual drive.

Somewhere along the way I consistently found that others were lacking. Not willing to spend the time to really get to know each other. Or worse, it was very clear that those I had bas luck at dating were more interested in what car I drove, where I was taking them for dinner, or what I was going to them.

after over ten years off and on throught out my 20s I learned a few things for whatever reason I was attracted to one of two people. Those who it would turn out where not sexually attracted to my sex, or those already in a committed relationship.

"They seemed easier to talk to, to enjoy conversations with and to go out and have fun". Bit where it ended was a clear boundry where there was no intimacy or physical connection allowed.

Once a year I use to (it has been about five years since I stopped torturing myself) I would sign out for those dating websites where you go through about 40-60 questions and personality tests.

Each time it would come back with, "in our database of over 6 million members we found only 1% are a match for you.

That is when I realized that I needed to start with learning to love myself before I could love others. Being alone shouldn't mean you are alone. You've got yourself, learn to love the quite times and care for you.

So what I learned was to love myself and to put my energy into improving me, supporting me, and leading my life to benefit my welfare and those I loved. Even if it meant not finding another to share it with.

And maybe someday others will come along who see the same or they won't..

Until then, I have books to read, games to , and projects to work on and I am damn will going to put my heart and soul into it. Because I want to prove to myself that yeah, I am awesome.

And you can be too. Fall in love with yourself again.. and maybe others just might see that glow you have, if you shine bright enough.

It seems that I have no cut off. It has been two or three without any sexual partner and 13 without any actual intercourse. I could never have imagined this possibility in my younger days, but here I am. I guess I used up my quota when I was younger.

Its been 2 years

It depends on your dedication your partner. My late husband was incapable for the last few years of our marriage but he was also the only one I wanted while he lived. Now without that commitment, I don't want go any longer than it takes find a serially monogamous partner. I just cannot wrap my mind around polyamory relations.

30 minutes

Half a second

I've been without for quite a few years now, even in my last relationship i was very lonely. Im not sure if its a matter of whether there is some sort of time period involved. Depends on if you find someone else, if you're lucky enough go for it!

Almost a year and couldn't handle it anymore ! Then I unexpectedly met someone who I got intimate with for a few months. He reminded me of what I had been missing out on ! Found out he has a GF, although he is not happy so I continue to see him. I'm too old to walk away from a good thing. Nothing is perfect. I'm surprisingly okay with this for now. Amazing how you start to think differently as you get older .

I gave up over 4 years ago. Its been great. I actually get sick almost just thinking about sex. Lol. Weird right? I've been so disappointed with it for so many years I acquired an almost disgust for it. Friends tel me to just have sex and not have the relationship part that is probably my real problem. That doesn't work either. One have at it and things start to change. FWB doesn't work. Women start having "feeling" then shit goes down hill. Makes me sick just thinking about it. I guess my disappointed with relationships over the years has soured my soul. Lol.

Never give up

lerlo Level 8 Dec 17, 2018

I'll not give up.

Never give up !

Mets Level 6 Nov 22, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:165922
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.