Agnostic.com

38 5

Veggies you like

A lot of people have asked me what my favorite fruits and veggies are since I turned vegetarian, mine are: seaweed, coconut, apples, heart of palms, red onions, peppers, lychees and blood oranges with asparagus. what are yours?

GodlessWahid666 5 Aug 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

38 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Beef is a vegetable right? Yeah, beef.

Word

I’m not a big fan of mango. It’s the texture that gets me. Always get it stuck between my teeth. :/

But that mango juice though!

everything but celery. i am particularly fond of brussels sprouts.

g

No veggies...... I'll have steak until the last cow has been grilled ? ? ????

Good luck with the scurvy.

@Gareth No worries, I get vitamin C from lime in my beer ?

@Gareth A common myth. Don't be a nutrition theist. Do some research,

Mangoes, pineapples, grapes, blueberries, raspberries, melons.

Spinach, asparagus, mushrooms, broccoli, potatoes sweet potatoes, onions, garlic, bell peppers.

Being vegan I eat a whole variety of fruits and vegetables whether I really like it or not. I hated coconuts and avocados but have learned to accept consuming them. I can’t stand cherries and would never eat pickles.

Mangoes are by far my favorite fruit. I do love many others, but to me a nice rime mango is like heaven.

Okra is the only veg I don't like. Love beets and chard and persimmon and pears. And mangos. And coconut. And artichoke. And all of them.

Anyone who doesn't like okra is OK! I used to hate it when visiting the Oklahoma relatives and my father made me eat it. Child abuse.......

So many.......kale, bok choy, broccolini, beets, spinach, mushrooms, peas, fruits of all kinds but especially watermelon, cantaloupe and passionfruit, potatoes sweet and white, asparagus, cabbage, just to name a few. 😀

Kudos for trying the veggie lifestyle!

I love fruits and vegetables, except:

Green bell peppers repeat on me. Urp. Red and orange are fine.
Eggplant- too slimy.
Kale- yuck
Okra
Cauliflower
Zucchini. However, zucchini-carrot bread is delicious!
Lima beans
Brussel sprouts
Mango- Don't like the taste.

@Byrdsfan

My friend cut tiny brussel sprouts in half and browned them with bacon. They were delicious. The issue was I don't eat processed meats.

My father died of colon cancer at age 51. I was 24. Immediately I stopped eating all processed meats with cancer-causing nitrates and nitrites. We knew 40 years ago that preserved meats cause colorectal and other cancers.

A comprehensive new study showed eating processed meat raises cancer risk by 18%. This includes meat that's been smoked, salted, cured or changed by another process to make it last longer or enhance flavor.

Turkey bacon is not safer.

@LiterateHiker Try it with nitrate and nitrite free bacon?

@Mitch07102

No. It's still processed meat.

This includes chicken nuggets and canned meats.

There are very few I don't like. Bananas, mango, figs, papaya. I can't eat soy. Otherwise, I eat most anything.

Vegetables - tomatoes, cucumbers, spinach, kale, asparagus, green beans, zucchini, brussels sprouts, artichokes, peas and so many more.

Fruits - all melons and berries, pineapple, bananas. I can't think of a fruit that I don't like.

Peppers and onions, with Italian sausage.

My favourite fruits are Philippine mangoes (raw, half-ripe, ripe, all good to me), fresh pineapples (not tinned), coconuts, and seedless grapes.

Veggies: aubergine, mangetout, spinach, bok choy. And a big NO to Brussels sprouts.

I always have been vegan as I was, like my mother,allergic to meat. I'll eat anything, and enjoy it, that doesn't make me unwell have to lie down. I do like avocado's a lot and oranges though.

Egg plant, tomatoes, onions, mushrooms. I cook with those alot, I eat alot of fruit, grapes and cherries are my favorites. I do enjoy finding new curry recipes. Especially the vegetarian ones.

My favourite is sweetheart cabbage, stir fried with mushrooms, onion, cubed pineapple and gammon.

Avocado are delish. Especially with prawns.

Asparagus with lemon juice and butter (but it does make your pee smell funny).

Aubergine, sliced, coated in a light tempura batter and fried.

Nectarines... mmm.

Cotton candy grapes.

I like almost all veggies in they are prepared right, except celery because im allergic to it

It's far easier for me to list the fruits and veggies I don't like. There are only two, olives and beets.

I have tried many varieties and preparations of each and in the thirty-five years of my life have not been able to palette any of them. I still try them, when they are offered, in the hope that one day I'll encounter some I can enjoy.

I do enjoy a good stir fry or suey(with meat). A very clean tasting meal

Oh, lychees...yum!

None, I am a carnivore. I have a little garlic to flavor ground beef but that's it. When I run out of the garlic (I buy it minced) I may go weeks without replacing it.

Not a vegan or whatever but have pineapples at least 5 meals a week. Bell peppers are a big part. And I can't think of a meal where I don't have jalapenos and onions. I perfer serranos but jalapenos are cheaper.

there isn't much I don't like.
I'm no vegan by ant stretch, and as much as I am a steak lover, I also like veggies well.
Among many, I love sugar snaps, and snow peas, roasted red peppers,spinach, just to name a few.

I wouldn't eat a vegetable that sounds like a gladiator name... so no "asparragus" or "broccoli" for me.

Artichokes
Asparagus
Blueberries
Mango

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:165945
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.