Agnostic.com

15 3

Am I alone?

I’m just wondering if I’m the only one who has been alone a very, very long time?

Lisav1961 5 Jan 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I haven't been alone physically, but mentally

We leave this world the same way we came in. Bald no teeth wearing a diaper.
I am a only child and have been alone my whole life. There is a big difference between being alone and being lonely. As long as there is somebody somewhere that loves you and you love them, you are not alone, just lonely.

You are not the only one. I have been alone since 2002.

We have the same time frame!

I live alone, I eat alone, I drink alone, I sleep alone. Been that way for a really long time. So we can be together in our aloneness.

I have been single, depressed, and under great stress before, but never felt alone.

No we are not alone. Sometimes the walls close in, then found myself in a support group and realized I wasn’t alone. Battling a chronic illness amplifies the feeling. But like riding a bike or swimming, I get used to it, in my case I cannot find comfort in it. But not running from it, finding a place to openly comment on it is beyond refreshing for me.

We're all alone. We come in that way, we go out that way.
There's a huge difference between being alone, and being lonely.
Both are choices.

I've been alone for 6 years- 3 years of it fighting for my life.

I can't imagine it . Not for me. people are key to my existence. you are stronger than I

Nope! I've been single for a very long time. I enjoy my freedom and the privacy it brings. The person that I let in will have to be amazing for me to change that for any length of time 🙂

I haven't had a romantic relationship for a very long time. But, I've got my grown sons so, I'm definitely not alone in the strict sense of the word.

You'll find plenty of interaction with others here if you choose! We love to chat in these message boards here!

Welcome Lisav1961. 🙂

Duke Level 8 Jan 20, 2018

Thank you for the encouragement

I was married to someone for 10 years and he was here 24/7 because he was on disability. He's been gone since January 30th of 2014 and I am so happy to be living by myself. I may be alone but I am not lonely. There are billions of people in the world go out and talk to one. Hell write me I'll write you back.

I have not been in a relationship for years. I live alone by choice, had a roommate and after that person moved out did not replace. There are far worse things than being alone.

When I had my place in Jacksonville, my daughters took turns moving in with me. Free rent, dog babysitter? Pest control for dates visiting the apartment? What was not to like for them?

Alone is not bad at all... Lonely is hurtful to some and painful to others. But Welcome, welcome to our little place.... you don't have to be alone or lonely anymore!!!!

Thank you!

I was alone for at least twenty years while I was in the navy. It’s not that unusual.

I was never alone in my 20 years in the Navy. I was a Radioman/IT. Even the most Sacred tasks required Two Person Integrity. I thank you for your service and sacrifice, I joined 3 days prior my 27 birthday. Retired in 2000.

I joined at twenty seven and retired at 20. CM1-Seabees@GipsyOfNewSpain

@Gatovicolo Got a lot of respect for Seabees. I did gator navy on a LST... did 3 years in Rota... 1 year in Souda Bay... With all respect to Marines BadAsses... Seabees are the real BadAsses... I still remember in Seabees Camp Bar in Rota the mural of the Seabee and the Shore Patrol... Thank You for your service.

Thanx@GipsyOfNewSpain

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:16811
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.