Agnostic.com

49 2

I need a little advice, can you help me?

I blocked my ex and told him I would before I did. He said, "You'll regret it." I said, "Lol, how?" He said, "You'll lose your benefits and I'll tell your boss you have feelings for her." (She's a lesbian, I'm bi.) I'm scared he will get me fired. He can't. For blocking him? What do I do? He'll call my work!? He's gaslighting me again. He said he has proof in Messenger. Is he really going to get his mommy (he lives with his parents and he's 29) to drive 1/2 an hour to my work to show my boss a message? Well, when we broke up, I found out he's a registered sex offender. I doubt he'll call. He's manipulating me again and we aren't even dating. I said I have proof he's a registered sex offender. Any advice or comforting words that could reassure me I won't lose my job for doing the right thing? This is all from that platonic post he keeps saying is wrong.

Sarahroo29 8 Jan 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

49 comments (26 - 49)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Get your proof he’s a sex offender. Keep it with you. You can’t be fired for saying someone is attractive. If you are, you can sue.

She's on her weekend now. She hasn't read my message. I hope she's not mad if he called.

The best defense is a good offense. be tough, don't back down, make sure he knows you won't. hang in there you can do it.

Thanks.

Talk to your boss, tell what happened and exactly what he's threatening you with..also Save the messages...and bring charges against him.

Yep.

Talk with your boss and stop talking to the dbag. I also recommend getting mace and learning how to throw a punch but my friends tell me I can be a bit aggressive lol

I know how to shoot. (My last post)

Go forward before he gets a chance to. Report him to your boss.

I did. He didn't even call. What a POS.

Report him to the Police IMMEDIATELY. Print out the message. Gees.

Yeah, if he's a sex offender, you have the upper hand. Nobody will believe him over you. I like the 'beat him to the punch' suggestion.

Call a LGBTQ helpline in your area asap

Yes report it, no need to deal with that.

Never allow anyone to blackmail you. Cover your ass, tell your boss about his threats.
Refuse to succumb to his manipulations. Don't get scared, get mad. Anger can be a
fantastic motivator. And as so many others have suggested, get that restraining order.
Forewarned is fore-armed. That said, try not to be alone until you're sure he's been neutralized. Be around other people as much as you can. Don't let him get you alone, no matter what he says. Good luck, keep us posted. Stay safe.

Are your benefits connected to your job?

Talk to your boss and let her know that he’s trying to jeapordize your employment.

If he or his mother show up to your work, contact the police.

Thank you all for the great advice and help.

Get a lawyer ASAP

Hi Sarahroo29,

I read your request for advice and the one problem is that none of us are law enforcement or attorneys. The best thing you can do is contact your local DA. Which in Colorado Springs is Dan May's office. I would also avoid telling your boss, unless your "ex" or one of his cronies approaches her. Do not alarm her about something that may not happen. If anyone approaches your boss you can take legal actions against them. Good luck, and remember friendly advice is no substitute for professional counsel. Dan May's website is ...
[4thjudicialda.com]

There have been so many great responses so I will just add that I hope all goes well for you and it’s great to see how much people care on this site. You are not alone!!

I would also contact the police and tell them the story. Even if they don't find any reason for charges, they can still make it clear that his conduct must stop.

If anything I think she likes me. Or used to, that way.

I suggest you get a restraining order with a warning from the judge to keep away from your work

I would mention at work that you are having serious problems with him, and that he is unstable. You don't need to go into details, but if they are broadly aware of the situation then if he does try anything they'll see him for what he is and it won't reflect badly on you.

Thank you all for great advice and help! 🙂

What is concerning me is how problematic relationships are still to the forefront of your life.You have every right to walk a tightrope over a very deep valley, you are more likely to fall and hurt yourself than if you walked into your local shopping mall.

My boss messaged me and said I can't get fired for him calling. I left out what he would say. It's all good now.

Violence and counter manipulative actions are not worth the advice people are giving. Go directly to your boss and tell her what is going on and the threat that you live under and she will understand and even console you herself. Honesty is always the best policy.

can you get a restraining order?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:16918
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.