Agnostic.com

7 1

The idea of having a relationship with a woman who has a point of view similar to mine about how the world came to be and what will happen when life ends is appealing to me. Even that point of view is not similar to mine, it would be a relief to know that I would never have to waste my time arguing about the existence of some fictitious power.

What kinds of activities are important to you? Where do you go when you want to be alone? Where do you like to be when you want to be with that special someone? What is your definition of personal success? Does it include having a stable relationship?

JonP256 2 Sep 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I was raised by christian parents who took me to church and expected me to believe in their god. I never did. My freshman year in high school, I had a biology teacher who taught evolution as the way the world came to be. What a relief, learning from a teacher who had an alternate view to what I had been taught at home and in Sunday School.

Wow. Lots of questions.

Activities important to me: Self growth, long, open, honest conversations.

Alone location: My deck in the woods.

Special place with special person: My deck in the woods.

Definition of success: As long as I feel good about myself and I'm good to others, I'm a success.

Successful relationship: I'm successful in my relationship with myself. This allows me to have "successful" relationships with others

My personal definition of success ... toughie. I wanna make enough scratch that I can build a house on some body of water and fill it with things I find interesting. Make enough to leave that place for a while and finally get out of country. Maybe have a partner who isn't dependent on me, who can make their own decisions and doesn't need me to be there, but is anyway because she chose to be because I'm a priority.

I would much prefer a stable relationship in this definition of success, but I don't think I need one. I'm happy doing it solo if I have to.

Lately, the only place where I can connect with that special somebody is right here at home. The only place where I can be alone is in my own bed after he has gotten up to start his day. I would prefer to be somewhere new with my special somebody, that is where all of our best memories have happened. My definition of personal success absolutely includes his happiness. I have forgotten how to define myself without him. Our stable relationship defines me in some ways. Who or what would I be without him?! I assure you that I do not know and I do not want to find out.

Hi, Jon, and welcome to the website!

By the way, this website has a bit of a learning curve, so here's some info, in case you need it.

For members who are open to dating, certain thumbnails and profiles have a heart symbol on them with a percentage. This identifies which members are open to dating, and the percent shows approximately how compatible others are with them.

You gain website points by uploading a recent, clear photo of your face, answering all the profile questions and writing a bio, which also earns website points, and helps other members get to know you.

Commenting on posts and writing your own posts earns more points. At level two you can private message people, and at level eight you get an agnostic T-shirt.

If you want to date, the website uses profile algorithms to find member matches, so the more details one includes, the better the match.

Many people prefer to see a written profile talking about interests, hobbies, and backgrounds that can be quickly perused to find others with similar interests..

In case you didn't know yet, to find members near you, click on the "Browse" button at the top of the page, then on "Members," and enter your preferred search parameters.
Click on the "Discuss" button, then "Nearby" to find members near you also.
Or click on the "About" button at the top left of the page to find links to FAQ or the website tutorial.
Points are now being given to level 3+ members who chat. You can see chat rooms on the group main page or at [agnostic.com].

I used to be sort of like a Christian apologist because of my background. I made it a point to study everything supernatural and then the day came that I saw it is all just bullshit.

A happy lifetime partner kids and grandkids you can be proud of good health, friends and a home by the river. I think that covers the important stuff.

You can keep the kids and floodplains lols.

@girlwithsmiles Girl, I heard on NPR that people without kids are happier than parents with kids. I gotta disagree. It may depend on the individual situation. Yes, there have been some hair pull times but overall they bring me great joy (and grandchildren). A beer and conversation with friends down by the river in the summer evening is something I look forward to each day.

@rogueflyer I'm glad you have found your happy, I too am happy with mine. Was meant in the nicest possible way. A drink by the river sounds lovely, as long as it's a safe distance away from the house 😉

@girlwithsmiles Good point! December January is sometimes a little stressful. My neighbor told me we must like living on the edge. Depending on where you live, there are earthquakes, forest fires, floods or riots (city dwellers). Who wants a boring life?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:170320
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.