Agnostic.com

308 29

Should public nudity be legal?

The AANR (American Association for Nude Recreation) has the view that public nudity should be legal as long as the person is not doing anything with the intent of sexually arousing either themselves or anyone else.

The most stated reason by members is to get over "body shame", because doing so helps boost self esteem and confidence. There have been studies showing that children raised in nudist family have higher self esteem and confidence and are just generally more comfortable with who they are as a person.

On the other side there are those persons who seek out nude beaches and nudist events who have seual agendas. AANR nudist clubs don't tolerate such persons, and forcibly remove them shoudl they show up. I refer to such persons as "swingers" because they seem to fit the swinger lifestyle more than they do the nudist lifestyule

However, as a point of freedom. A freedom of expression, which does tno do harm to anyone, shoudl public nudity be legal? As atheists are nto burdened with religious mores , I was just wondering what the people here think?

I am a natuirst (nudist) and I have ridden the Portland (OR) World Naked Bike Ride, which has over 10,000 participants each year, and I have gone on nude hikes, visited clothing optional beaches

So, what are your thoughts?

snytiger6 9 Oct 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

308 comments (301 - 308)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think at least women and men should be able to go without a shirt. Both have nipples. Why keep them covered on a hot day?

Born naked, if you don't want wear cloth least make it optional,the weather itself will let you know what or what not to wear

Yes, but only for people I personally deem attractive. Now we sit back and wait for the comments from those who have no sense of humor...

Heck no. It's bad enough already. Imagine having to look at that. If you want to go nude in private or at certain beaches!

Not everywhere. But every region/country should give options for nudists/naturalists as well as a human right. So people could decide if they want to go to pure nudist or mixed outdoor places. Who don‘t want to see nakedness could stay away from these places. Live and let live.

Yucel Level 3 Dec 10, 2018

Yup!

I think that if men are allowed to go shirtless, women should too. The prohibition against female nipples is just absurd. That said, most of us are probably better off keeping our shirts on.

The covering of genitals for both sexes seems sensible though, more to limit the the behavior of men, for whom a display full nudity could be an act of aggression and harassment or even abuse.

Yes public nudity should be 100% legalized. If you agree it would be greatly appreciated if you sign this petition.

[change.org]

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:1727
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.